Chinese TX-200

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Chinese TX-200

Post by ShooterP14 »

I was at a gun show yesterday and saw a Chinese clone of the TX-200. Anyone had any experience with this air rifle? I would have bought it on the spot, but I'm worried about replacement parts. Does anyone know if the parts (any or all, especially seals) are interchangeable? The person selling it only wanted $350.

-Pat-
The Wonderful White Winged Warrior - He's Everywhere! He's Everywhere!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Chinese TX-200

Post by Dee »

Don't walk. RUN... They are clones of TX200s but not nearly up to the same standard. Save another $100 or so and get a good used TX they are up for sale all the time these days with people going to PCP and those that just can't figure out how to shoot a springer properly.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Dont know much about the clones, but I bought my TX that had a Maccari spring already put in it for $475, so for the money, I'd get the real McCoy!
Baby Huey
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Depending on price it could be a very good deal. I was hooked up with one for my first silhouette shoot and it's a very good gun.

If it's a Bam or Xisisco B40 then with a little tuning it will shoot almost as well for less then half the price.

If you don't want to spend $500+ dollars to see if you like air rifles then you really have nothing to loose.

;)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShooterP14 »

So far the best deal I have seen in a while is one on Gun Broker right now for $479+$20 shipping + Fee from a dealer to have it shipped to (He'll only ship to an FFL)(~$550 total). I would love to have an original, but in today's economy, I gotta save every $100 I can get.

I'm more concerned with parts interchangeability. Plus, I'll probably only get about 5-10 hours a year of trigger time with it (practice for Winny).

Huey, care to sell me yours for $475, delivered? :-? Deals like that are few and far between.

-Pat-
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

I may actually be inclined to do such! Im gonna "test drive" an older used daystate in the next week or so. If we did an exchange, it'd have to be when me and my folks head on up to Tennessee in late October! I even have a beautiful 4-5oz trigger on it now. A Baby Huey Custom :mrgreen: Cant go any lower than that cause if ya do, the safety becomes the trigger lol. If the deal goes through on the daystate though, I'll sell ya the TX. Dont have the funds to hold onto both :( .
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

You don't want to deal with anyone stupid enough to pay FFLs for AIRGUNS! Look on the yellow forum classifieds and runa WTB ad I bet you will find the real deal for only slightly more than that asking price for the Chinese clone TX. What you have to lose is the value of the rifle as I don't think they sold for all that much to begin with and the China made stuff has a much higher depreciation value than a real TX. I bought mine 3 years ago used and already tuned and the seller told me if I ever wanted to sell it he would buy it back from me for the same money. Like everything else paying a little more now will save you later and you will have what you really want to begin with. I have seen no frills TX200s go for $400-$450 shipped in the past months. WTB ad will draw them out.

Consider this. Even the AA TX200 inproves with a full tune after the imperfections of the stock rifle are addressed. This is a rifle built to a higher standard than the clone to begin with. So if the real deal benefits from some tuning just think how much work a clone will need to get to that level of smoothness and then in the end you still just have a clone with not much resale value.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Listen to Dee, he knows what he's talking about... He spends all his time either reading about airguns, working on airguns, thinking about airguns, practicing with airguns, or shooting silhouette matches :-B

Rule of thumb: never take advice from a guy with a social life :arrow: Dee is your go-to guy on everything airguns :))

Dustin
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShooterP14 »

Dee wrote:You don't want to deal with anyone stupid enough to pay FFLs for AIRGUNS! Look on the yellow forum classifieds and run a WTB ad I bet you will find the real deal for only slightly more than that asking price for the Chinese clone TX.

The FFL notice may have been a standard disclaimer or he only wants to transact with dealers. Who knows?

"Yellow forum"? I did a search and it returned 52,000,000 hits. Which web site are you referring to? I didn't see any reference to that on Gun Broker.

Thanks

-Pat-
jdp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jdp »

Go to http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/ This is Yellow Forum's Airgun Classifieds
John Peterson
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Here is the link to the main forum. You will need to register to post. Then just go to the classifieds link to shop or run a wtb ad.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

PM Me if you need any help or have questions.

Dee
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

It's better to get the real deal, however, I was the PO of cdstech's BAM 40. It supposedly had a full tune put on it. JM spring, new guides, internal smoothing and polishing, also has a brass trigger guard. I think I gave Paul $2225 or around that for it. Larry Engle has shot it and pronounced it good. I hated it, as the right handed cheek piece sucks for lefties. Anyway it was extra, so it went in trade. It got cdstech in the game for very little, and gave him a good starter gun, and I got a IZH-60 and a parts gun. I would NOT pay $450 for a new BAM. I also would get the TX200 or HW97 if I was paying that kind of money. You can find used BAM40's for $200 or less. If you like to tinker, make parts and experiment, it might be a player for you. If you don't, it can be a frustrating experience. Also, don't expect TX accuraccy from it. Kinda like my dad and his SB silhouette gun. He refused to buy a 1416 (before the CZ's) and decided his 10/22 would do. After a new barrel, new stock, new trigger and free labor, he had a $750 10/22.........Then he bought an Anschutz. LOL Either way you go, good luck and have fun, cuz that's what it's all about.

p
Wirenut1212
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Wirenut1212 »

Here is a great place to look for used guns and info also.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php

+1 on the HW97 I love mine!!
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShooterP14 »

psteiger wrote:... Kinda like my dad and his SB silhouette gun. He refused to buy a 1416 (before the CZ's) and decided his 10/22 would do. After a new barrel, new stock, new trigger and free labor, he had a $750 10/22.........Then he bought an Anschutz. LOL Either way you go, good luck and have fun, cuz that's what it's all about.

p
I too have a 10-22 with a Butler Creek barrel, Fajin thumbhole stock, Kidd trigger, collecting dust in my safe. My CZ shot better right out of the box. Oh well, live and learn.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Here ya go and it is tuned no less.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/th ... 00+Reduced..

$475 shipped! You might find one cheaper but not likely had any tuning done to it.