TX200 best for sporter class?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

TX200 best for sporter class?

Post by Jason »

As I'm cleaning out some motorcycle stuff in favor of shooting stuff, it occurred to me that I would like to have a nice springer to shoot and practice for silhouette with, especially one that I might be able to use at the Southern Nationals next year. What's the best springer for sporter class silhouette? I've heard a lot about the TX200 but don't remember shooting one. I don't get a lot of exposure to higher-end adult air rifles up here in WA, so I'll probably have to buy sight unseen. Thanks!

Edit: I've also heard good things about the HW97, but less than the TX200 and they don't seem to be as easy to find. Which is better and easier to get tuned or find parts for later?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: TX200 best for sporter class?

Post by Dee »

Without question the only Sporter rifle you will ever need is the TX200. Parts readily available and very easy to work on yourself. Built like a tank and designed to last. Stock feels somewhat similar to a Pharr as well.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Brent s
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Brent s »

Try this guy he is a Airarms dealer in Olympia WA. Im pretty sure he has some TX200s and Prosports for you to look at and buy.

John Mickel
johnmickel@q.com

Brent s
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

I know this is an old thread but how does the Weihrauch hw97k compare to the Air Arms tx200?
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I love my TX200 but had trouble making the 11.0 lb weight. I have a Leapers 6x24x50 mil dot on it that I also use for Field Target and had to take the butt plate off to make weight. 11lb 0.8 oz with butt plate 10lb 13.6 oz without. Taking the butt plate off actualy was a benefit for me as it make the gun fit my reach better. The gun shoots very very good and the underlever cocking system is easy to use.
The quality of workmanship is evident in all acpects of the gun construction.
ppkny
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Troy G wrote:I know this is an old thread but how does the Weihrauch hw97k compare to the Air Arms tx200?
Guys generally say they are equal. That being said the TX200 is more popular. I m a PCP guy because I have a compressor and tank, but if I were to get a springer, it would be the TX200. I am also not particularly interested in a gun being "pretty" but the TX in a walnut stock with the fancy engraving is attractive.