Help Needed

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
TASpurs
Unclassified Poster

Help Needed

Post by TASpurs »

Hopefully someone has a better idea on the best way to cleanup and repaint air pistol silhouettes. Here in western Illinois/eastern Iowa (Milan Rifle Club, Milan, IL) we started a Wednesday morning get together for a bunch of us old folks to shoot air pistol silhouette (it's been almost two years now and we shoot indoors all year round). I guess I have spoiled the guys a little too much because they like to have freshly painted silhouettes to shoot at. Problem is with the weather here painting outdoors pretty much ends in Oct. Also wire brushing the targets is labor intensive and time comsuming. Anybody out there have an easier way to clean up the targets as well as some way to paint them other than hand painting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Help Needed

Post by chuckjordan2 »

I've never tried this, but, I shoot airgun and know the power reductions on the airpistols.

You may want to strip the paint and then powder coat them.

1) take the targets to a shop with sandblasting equipment (body shop?).
2) find a powder coater and have them coated white

Again, I could be off base here, but, I know airpistols have a lower velocity (you are shooting 10M velocity - ie under 600fps in .177 ?)

You may want to first find the powder coater and see if they have some leftover scraps. Shoot at those scraps to determine if it can take the hits.

Else, just paint them.