Another Scope Question

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
bowzette
Unclassified Poster

Another Scope Question

Post by bowzette »

Just ordered a rebuilt Daisy 853 from CMP to practice offhand in my backyard. I started reading about AR silhouette and Field Target and my want to get a TX200 one day. What magification is generally needed for silhouette and FT-I think max range is around 50 yards? Is an AO necessary/highly desirable? What will hold up to a high velocity spring cocker like a TX200-will any scope rated for ARs work, even cheap ones like Leapers Bugbusters or Simmons, or are the cheaper scopes just a waste of money. If the cheaper ones don't work, what are good entry level scopes that do?Thanks
Brent s
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Another Scope Question

Post by Brent s »

8x32 4200 Bushnell Elite will work for both.
Adjustable objective is a must for Ft.

Brent s
jdp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jdp »

For any high powered spring rifle like a TX200, I would only recommend a Leupold 6.5x20 EFR. AO is not only highly desirable but is 100% a necessity. If you shop around you should be able to find one used for around $500-550. Lifetime guarantee and you can use it on anything. Great glass and a one time purchase. On a Tx200 you are now talking about a $1100 springer. In my opinion well worth it. I have loaned mine to many people at matches, and it has traveled to more matches than I have including nationals. This combo will win matches in all classes from B to Master right out of the box.Great investment. Neither will ever loose their value. Go with the Leupold 6.5x20 EFR, then the tx200 and don't look back.
John Peterson
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

My 54 is a scope eater and I am very happy with the glass and mechanics of the Swift air gun scopes. I have a 6.5-20X44. It was recommended by another sillhouette air gunner.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
grey8833
Unclassified Poster

Post by grey8833 »

Ditto on the Swift Airgun Scope 6.5 x20-44. Good scope for the price. Turrents repeat nicely.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Does that Swift scope come with a dot reticle?
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

Jason wrote:Does that Swift scope come with a dot reticle?
Mine doesn't have one (I use it on my 40-X prone rifle) and according to their website the duplex is the only choice.

http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/rscopesair.html
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Duplex. Not bad though, the thin part isn't "too" thin or thick... at least to me...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

The 6.5-20 Leupolds are nice, but if you want to have a decent chance at doing well in FT you need atleast 30+ for power to accurately rangefind the targets. I would recommend the Bushnell 4200 8-32x40, for your dual application use.
Baby Huey
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Were all the Leupold 6.5x20 EFRs able to be used on high power springer air rifles? I have a Leupold 6.5x20 EFR that I bought back in 97 or 98. I also have a couple of Premier boosted EFRs. I want to buy a HW97k or a TX200 and the thing holding me back is deciding what scope will work on the rifle. On my silhouette guns where weight is an issue I shoot Leupolds. My hunting and benchrest guns are all Nightforce. I doubt I am going to be happy with a 150.00 Hawke scope although I have never looked through one.