Air Rifle Silhouette in NY/PA

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Air Rifle Silhouette in NY/PA

Post by ppkny »

Any help with where to shoot outdoor NRA Air Rifle Silhouette this summer in NY or PA
ppkny
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Air Rifle Silhouette in NY/PA

Post by richard »

Sure! We run 4 matches at Falls Twsp Rifle & Pistol Association in Falls twsp, PA north of Philadelphia. Our first match is in April, April 15 actually. We also run Field Target every other month as well as FT pistol and air pistol silhouette. Harrisburg Hunters and anglers run a couple of air rifle silhouette matches a year. Randy Samick is match director out there. Delaware County Field and Stream assoc. runs both air rifle and air pistol and field target matches. They are in Brookhaven, PA just south of Philadelphia. Their matches are not sanctioned but are always entertaining. Kevin, don't remember his last name, runs matches near Binghamton, NY. I think the club is Broome County Sportsmen. If you are interested in other silhouette in addition to air rifle, we shoot them in the Phila area too.
Check out web sites for;
Colonial rifle and pistol, New York City
Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Assoc., Jackson, NJ
Delran Junior Marksman Club, Delran, NJ
Atglen Sportsman, Atglen, PA
Unfortunately many of the web sites and Shooting Sports USA postings are not up to date but are a good place to start.
If you need more info email me with specific questions, wa2gtj@aol.com
Richard
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Richard,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the clubs are all about 3 1/2 hours away from me but I need to get some scores in with my PCP prior to the Southern Nationals in May/June. The Broome County Club is only shooting Field Target this year.
As far as SB HP goes there are clubs within 2 hours. I'll probably make the match in April at Falls Township.
Anyone else know of any clubs ??
ppkny
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Harrisburg Hunters anglers was holding matches every so often. Blue Rock was holding matches but I think they quit. Still far for you. I was also interested because I just bought a AZ Steyr LG100. I have the resettable targets, so air silhouette is pretty convenient.