Crosman Marauder

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Crosman Marauder

Post by ppkny »

I shoot my first match with my new Crosman Marauder. The accuracy of this gun is excellant with less than an inch drop out to the ram distance. From '0' at the chickens I went to '0' on the pigs to +3 clicks on the turkeys to + 6 clicks to the rams. The only complaint I have is the flat-front trigger finger. It's very hard to get a good feel with this bascially flat fat bar that is the trigger finger.
Does anyone know of any after market trigger fingers for this gun that are curved like a conventional trigger finger ?
ppkny
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Crosman Marauder

Post by ter »

Try this forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/
They have a bunch of Mrod users.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

You can make the trigger nicer feeling than it comes stock with a simple home mod. I think Jason did one on his and was very happy with the results. I am not sure if another trigger blade can be fitted to the Mrod but those who have done all sorts of things on the Yellow Forum to them will know for sure.

I only have one rifle with a flat trigger blade and I don't have any complaints about it. Then again it is on a Walther LG300 Hunter so we are talking apples to oranges with regards to the two rifles triggers. That Walther trigger is sweet!

What do you think of the stock shape ppkny? I think that is the weakest spot of the Mrod. It just doesn't feel natural at all to me. I joke that it probably fits someone good, just no one human. Hard to understand why out of all the designs they could have used they went with that one. Almost makes me wonder if anyone even tried it before they went to production. I would have never signed off on what they put out. Considering the cost to make a stock on a duplicator is the same pretty much regardless of the shape they should have thought that out better.

For the money they are a nice entry level rifle for sure and with the mods available and info out there for DIY upgrades it can be turned into a even nicer rifle.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Dee, Thanks for the reply... The reason I want to change the trigger is not because it can't be adjusted it's because the flat trigger finger is not comfortable when my palm is wrapped around the stock. My finger can't get to the trigger without sliding my palm somewhat forward on the stock. Not the best condition for getting a good hold. I already removed the butt plate to shorten the distance of the initial hold but the trigger contour is a real bummer.
I've found one on the web but called the guy and he said it was only a design and wasn't making any yet. I attached the pictures. His design would bring where you engage the trigger finger back about 3/8 inches plus it would fit your finger better.
I'm going to keep looking and might possibly make one myself when I get some free time. If I can buy one it looks like I'll have to use the rifle the way it is for Winny.
As far as comments on the stock...It's a little bulky for my preference. The rifle really shoots good. Through the course c/p/t/r I only have to adjust the scope 6-8 clicks. I did shoot a 40 round match on one charge and didn't notice any change in my settings. I don't know if it will hold up for a 60 shot.
ppkny