10 meter air silhouette postal match

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

10 meter air silhouette postal match

Post by durant7 »

Howdy. I have not been on SC for a while. Over the Thanksgiving holiday I offered a fun practice postal match. IYR, Sam Corlett had developed a wonderful web based competition that was pseudo connected to StraightShooters. Heck, I think it may have all been before Steelchickens existed. My old targets are from 2003 which gives you the era. There is a vestige of it here http://www.curragh.com/silhouette/score.html to jog your memory.

For shucks and giggles I offered up the same thing but via email results and a posted excel worksheet on my New England centric blog.

Next results are due in 9 pm on Dec 9th. I can manage 8. We'll see what happens.

For more info go here http://durant7.blogspot.com/2012/11/tpm ... eek-1.html

Hope your winter shooting is going well.

Jud
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 10 meter air silhouette postal match

Post by Jason »

Sounds fun, Jud. I'll have to try to find time to clean out the corner of my garage so I can get a full 10 meters to shoot a target. Nice picture of Cathy on that page too. :)
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

That's too funny. I started in the garage caddy corner for 33 feet. 12 years ago! Now I get to shoot indoors! Too cold in the garage up here in the North East! You guys in the PNW have it made. Although it sounds like you'll need some rubber boots if the Network news got it right...or I was listening correctly.
blueline
B Poster
B Poster

Post by blueline »

I want in this. Do I just use a 10 meter paper target or do I need to set up AG targets?
Though I have been through Fire & Water, He has lead me to a place of abundance.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Hmmm... printing out some for use this weekend....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

This is 100% paper. No Air (1/10th) scale targets required. Just print the target and put up at 10m. Some folks use a scope, some folks can't get a scope on their 10m target gun and just use aperture sights. Practice is practice. Up here, it is hard to shoot when it is 20f outside. So, we shoot indoor and 33 feet makes things a whole lot easier.

Remember, Match #2 is due by 9pm on Dec 9th. We'll see what happens. I put a scope on my 2002SSP and WOW! Now I can see what I am aiming at!

Jud
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

topclass
A Poster
A Poster

Post by topclass »

will there be a Match #3? Results due ....? I know of a few in the PNW that are interested.

topclass
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

Next results due Jan 1st, 2013 EOD. They are due then but you can send anytime. One target per gun/sight combo. I think part of the interest is seeing or learning about what folks are using out there. Air is great practice for the real game.

http://durant7.blogspot.com/2012/12/tpm ... sults.html At the bottom of this entry there is a link to the first entry with the "course of fire".
topclass
A Poster
A Poster

Post by topclass »

sounds good! where and how do I submit results?

topclass