Replacement stock for Marauder?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Replacement stock for Marauder?

Post by Jason »

When I originally bought my Marauder, my intention was to dip my toes into the world of PCP air rifles. Knowing that for the difference in price between the Marauder and AA rifles, I could replace the stock on the Marauder, which to this day I still see as its only weak point. Instead of paying for an AA rifle and having "the closest thing to a Pharr stock" in the airgun world, I would rather actually have a Pharr stock.

Now I'm actually considering doing that stock replacement, and my first thought was to get a Pharr pattern wood stock so I could do the inletting (dead simple due to the design of PCP air rifles) and finish myself. That should result in a great airgun silhouette rifle and, more important, a great rifle for practicing for highpower and smallbore silhouette. Has anyone actually done this already? If so, who did you get the stock from? Treebone does Pharr pattern stocks, right? Is that the only place? I have to confess that as pretty as I think highly figured walnut is, my preference in wood is plain, straight and strong. I see that Treebone doesn't even handle "standard" grade walnut, which troubles me a bit even with the explanation there.

I thought I'd check in here before I troubled Treebone or anyone else with what might not even work out. In the meantime, I think I'll grab one of my Pharr-stocked silhouette rifles and do a bit of measuring. That big fat air tank on the bottom of the Marauder may be too big for the foreend of a Pharr stock anyway. :mrgreen:
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Replacement stock for Marauder?

Post by Bob259 »

Jason,
Did you check with Mark directly? At Ridgway he had several wooden Pharr stocks he was selling, not sure if he was making them with a pattern machine or they were from someone else to his design. There were both laminated and regular wood I recall.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I haven't checked with anyone yet. I wanted to ask if anyone had already done it and how it went before I took the plunge.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jason wrote:I haven't checked with anyone yet. I wanted to ask if anyone had already done it and how it went before I took the plunge.
I thought I heard that someone in LA got one for their air rifle. Maybe Mary would know.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
blueline
B Poster
B Poster

Post by blueline »

Jason you might look at a few of these:

http://www.peterbuiltstocks.com/photo_gallery.htm

Also Steve Corcoran out of TX does some great work:

http://www.woodsandwateroutdoors.com/5.html
Though I have been through Fire & Water, He has lead me to a place of abundance.
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

Bob259 wrote:Jason,
Did you check with Mark directly? At Ridgway he had several wooden Pharr stocks he was selling, not sure if he was making them with a pattern machine or they were from someone else to his design. There were both laminated and regular wood I recall.
They were Treebone stocks that Mark was selling for him.