Marauder Question

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Marauder Question

Post by chuck d »

Finally got my new Marauder shooting. I had 2k of pressure left, and it set for a week. When I picked it up it had dropped to 1K. Any thoughts on where to start looking for a problem?
thanks
chuck
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Marauder Question

Post by Dee »

Usually that can be traced back to either the check valve on the fill end leaking via the valve itself or around the fitting hole into the air cylinder. But my first guess would be that it probably leaked out around the firing valve inside the rifle itself and out of the transfer port. Those rifles use a simple knock open type valve to fire and if it doesn't reset to seat perfectly flush inside the action after each shot that high pressure air can leak out. I would leave it for a few more days and see if it continues to bleed down just sitting there. Doesn't sound like a very fast leak so detecting the exact place it is happening might be a challenge.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Boris
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Boris »

Take a look here: http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/
There is wealth of information and repair recepies.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuck d »

Thanks guys.
I had installed a single load tray and it inculded a bushing that went arounf teh bolt in the rear of the receiver. Took that out and leaking seems to have stopped.

thanks
chuck

Damn, those 20 yard chickens are SMALL!