DIY Feinwerkbau 300s project

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

DIY Feinwerkbau 300s project

Post by Trent »

I've been using my FWB 300s for a couple of years now for practicing silhouette. It has always been way too short in length of pull for me and I just kept putting off fixing it. Well, I'm trying to get serious about my position while shooting and the only way that is going to happen is if I actually shoot a rifle that fits me like my other guns. So I decided to make an adjustable butt plate assembly rather than making spacers. This design isn't new... but I made it and thought I'd share. This gains me up to 3.5" in length and the ability to cant the buttpad if I want.

Cheers!

cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: DIY Feinwerkbau 300s project

Post by cedestech »

That is rediculously nice. Good job!!! :D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

Holy cow, looks store bought to me. My hack saw and 14 volt drill won't quite get me there. :shock:
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

Holy cow, looks store bought to me. My hack saw and 14 volt drill won't quite get me there. :shock:
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I've got to remember to take progress photos when I'm working on my little tinkering projects. I always get done and then say "DOH! It'd be nice to have some photos to document the process!"

Here are my only photos I took. :-\ You can see in the bottom photo that I had to lengthen the slot because it was too stiff and wouldn't tighten down on the .75" rod. This whole thing would have been about a 10 to 15 minute job on a CNC mill. For me and my little manual mill... 8 hours (including all my head scratching and trips to the hardware store). :shock:

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Nice job! So where should I send my stock to have one of these added? B-)
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Jason wrote:Nice job! So where should I send my stock to have one of these added? B-)
Jason, don't you guys up there in Washington have a couple machinists at your disposal?

Looking forward to seeing all you Wash guys next week!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

How did you manage to cut those curves with a manual mill? Did you just go ever so slowly turning the X/Y leadscrews to follow the outline? If so I don't doubt it took you 8 hours! My little bench top CNC mill would have taken about 30 minutes to cut that profile and hole/slot. Been meaning to set it up again out in my shop but haven't needed to cut anything lately so it just sits waiting for my return. A friend of mine got a FWB 300SU and I made him some LOP spacers out of 5/8" black delrin rod on the little lathe. Works like a champ and took 5 minutes.

However you pulled it off it looks very nice and clean. Well done.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I shaped the outside profile as close as I could with a 1/2" roughing endmill and then did the rest of the profiling on disc sander pretty much like you would for a piece of wood. I sure would like to upgrade my mill to CNC. Not sure if I want to upgrade my mill first though. I just have a little Sieg X2.

Thanks for the compliments!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Trent wrote:I shaped the outside profile as close as I could with a 1/2" roughing endmill and then did the rest of the profiling on disc sander pretty much like you would for a piece of wood. I sure would like to upgrade my mill to CNC. Not sure if I want to upgrade my mill first though. I just have a little Sieg X2.

Thanks for the compliments!
Ahh Trent McAlice will be proud of you. :D

PS: Nice job!!!!!
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

That is VERY NICE! I wish I was talented in making things like that. I would have no clue where to even begin!

Dustin
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Bob259 wrote:Ahh Trent McAlice will be proud of you. :D

Thanks!

McAlice is my hero!!

You guys be sure to have a beer for me this weekend. I am very sad that I will be missing the AZ state high power match this year. Just can afford to travel to two matches back to back (going to PeEll next weekend). I have to make an attempt at get some good grades in class and my old 40 year old brain is struggling! You guys have fun and keep McAlice and Beckley out of trouble! =))
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

dustinflint wrote:That is VERY NICE! I wish I was talented in making things like that. I would have no clue where to even begin!

Dustin

You begin with a need... and then refuse to spend money. Frugality is the mother of invention. :mrgreen:
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Trent wrote:
Bob259 wrote:Ahh Trent McAlice will be proud of you. :D

Thanks!

McAlice is my hero!!

You guys be sure to have a beer for me this weekend. I am very sad that I will be missing the AZ state high power match this year. Just can afford to travel to two matches back to back (going to PeEll next weekend). I have to make an attempt at get some good grades in class and my old 40 year old brain is struggling! You guys have fun and keep McAlice and Beckley out of trouble! =))
Adult beverage chilled and ready ;) .....Yes we will have fun.... However, keeping McAlice and JB out of trouble is asking an awful alot of me. :shock:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)