Air Rifle Silhouette Resetables

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Air Rifle Silhouette Resetables

Post by ppkny »

Anyone got a source for a set of Air Rifle Silhouette Resetable animal targets.
ppkny
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Air Rifle Silhouette Resetables

Post by Bob259 »

ppkny wrote:Anyone got a source for a set of Air Rifle Silhouette Resetable animal targets.
ppkny
Stimson Enterprises in TX made the ones we had at Broome County and the swingers I got.... but when I tried to open their URL to give you it comes up blank now. Maybe some one from Texas can Help... Pat any ideas?
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Mike isn't making them anymore. I think I bought the last set a while back. I sold my set to Jason Peterson, and I don't think you could buy them from him for twice the price. I shoot swingers at home, and both our clubs have their own set. I keep talking about making a set of 1/5th scale for BRI. They're not hard to make, if I ever get my plasma cutter, it'll be a snap.

A side note, the 2 ranges I've been to in Monterrey, Mexico have nothing but resettables, from 5m air pistol to 800m running deer! And they have lights to shoot at night! and waiters serving beer.....and....(they really do !!!) I would love to set up a range like that up here. Imagine how nice it would be to shoot matches.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: I would love to set up a range like that up here. Imagine how nice it would be to shoot matches.
Note to self... where to invest a portion of my future lotto winnings....

:D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

My wife's been asking to go to Mexico again.. now I know where. :)
Capitano Pelini
Unclassified Poster

Post by Capitano Pelini »

Hi, I'm from Mexico these are my Racks

This is my rifle

And this is me

Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Don't remember the guys name but the person who made the ones used at the LA State Smallbore Match at Gonzales this year makes some beautiful resetable metal silhouette targets. Saw one he had done for Air Rifle and it was the nicest I have ever seen....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Merlin wrote:Don't remember the guys name but the person who made the ones used at the LA State Smallbore Match at Gonzales this year makes some beautiful resetable metal silhouette targets. Saw one he had done for Air Rifle and it was the nicest I have ever seen....
Those were made by a local named Carrol Scioneaux. He made all of our SB resettable targets as well. He actually free hand cuts the animals and does a pretty decent job. More realistic in no two look exactly alike :lol: He also uses overkill on the thickness of the metal so you never have to worry about shooting them up. I have a set of SB and Air swingers he made and I can shoot the Air gun targets with my .22 LR no problem.

We took his design and made a few sets that we use now. They were the ones used for the nationals this past year. Those all had laser cut animals so they are all exactly identical. If I was going to get Carrol to make another set of something I would see about getting the animals cut with a laser someplace and sending them to him to use. I am sure he would reduce the cost to make them if he didn't have to cut 5 of each out by hand himself and only had to weld on the ones you sent him. May cost a bit more than having him do it all himself but you would have a very nice set of targets that will last a long time.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Capitano Pelini, Nice set up!
Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Dee wrote:[

Dee
Drool..... =p~

I hate to ask, how much was that set?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Capitano Pelini
Unclassified Poster

Post by Capitano Pelini »

Here is a video of my Miniracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Y4mj6JjS4

Pendientes...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Hey Capitano, what is the velocity of that rifle you are shooting. Man, it looks to hit targets hard. Could be the silent answer to culling excess tree rats and crows in my neighborhood. 8)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

It is hard to say what it cost for that set since the animals were cut by a friend of a friend and the welding done by another shooters co-worker etc. I want to say materials and labor that was paid cost around $400-500 a set. I think that is what Carrol sells his sets for these days as well.

Bob if you haven't discovered air rifle shooting yet you don't know what you are missing. Silent pest eradication at its best and a great rifle to shoot and practice with. Although the Steyr he is shooting above have quite the bark to it if you don't have a full shroud or some sort of muffler on the end of it.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Dee, I had a FWB 124 deluxe sport in the mid eighties. Nice gun. It ended up as a partial trade when I bought my Kimber 82. I broke a bunch of those cheap cast pot metal silhouette targets with it.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Dee wrote: I want to say materials and labor that was paid cost around $400-500 a set. I think that is what Carrol sells his sets for these days as well.
That is about what I was thinkingk a G for a full set. Actually very fair. Ways to spend my lotto winnings.....

+1 on the air rifle. I have air rifle swingers and then small bore swingers and a full set of small bore animals set up. It's fun to start shooting the small bore pigs and turkeys goofing off.

:D