Weekly Airgun 10 mtr Postal Silhouette Match

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Weekly Airgun 10 mtr Postal Silhouette Match

Post by GTKF »

For anyone interested here's a location for a weekly postal silhouette match

http://www.curragh.com/cgi-bin/silhouette.cgi

ID is "yellow"
PW is "testtest"
scorlett
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Weekly Airgun 10 mtr Postal Silhouette Match

Post by scorlett »

This is really just back open to test using that password. Feel free to try it out, but I haven't revamped the page in the last seven years, so there are some bad links, etc. It was being hacked constantly back then so I just shut it down. I'd like to re-do it for the fall but don't have time right now. If there is interest, I'll get it re-worked by the time it gets cold enough to want to practice inside!

Sam Corlett
Fort Worth, Texas

. Image .
topclass
A Poster
A Poster

Post by topclass »

it's a good way to practice mid-week even while the weather is conducive to outdoor shooting...I'm all for it.

topclass
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I agree I shoot this target a lot at night. Forget the cold weather being a requirement. Time, heat and mosquito's will run your ass inside during the summer. I do a lot of my practicing inside at night. Once the skeeters come out and the heat and humidity hit it is hard to stay outside to practice. Get it going again ;)

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
yanchula81
Unclassified Poster

Post by yanchula81 »

Just tried my hand at the 18ft pistol. Until I move into my new place I can't shoot the 10m. It was fun and very challenging. I also just put this red dot on my P3, so I had to get used to that. The targets look small at 18ft, I can only imagine 33! I went to Staples and had 100 of these targets printed out, so I am in it for awhile!.

Once I move at the end of June my Crosman Challenger should also be properly broke in and tuned with the optimum pellet. What I am saying is LOOK OUT!

GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Put up a score Tuesday but I see no scores &page format is changed a bit. Hope you can get it back up Sam, looking forward to participating
Scrench
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Scrench »

This is a great idea, and I'd love to participate, but the target has no basis in reality for pistols. The actual size of a steel chicken at the proper range of 10 yards is about twice as big as the one on the download target which is supposed to be at 10 meters. Same for the rest. The actual pig at the real range of 12.5 yards, only 1.5 yards farther than 10 meters, is more than 4x as big. They should be even larger than that if you choose to shoot at 18 feet instead of 33. The download target is scaled off of the usual rifle ranges, not pistol. There is nothing wrong with practicing on smaller targets, and if everyone is using the same targets it really doesn't matter, but this does not give you the proper sense of proportion for the real game. So I suggest that to better facilitate practice for those of us who shoot the real targets and want to play in a postal match, you need to add properly scaled targets for both the 18 and 33 foot pistol categories.

Richard