Haltom City Match

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Haltom City Match

Post by atomicbrh »

We just returned from shooting the weekly Tuesday Night Air Pistol Silhouette Match in Haltom City, Texas. Yes, Joel and I are crazy enough to drive 7 hours one way to shoot a weekly Match. Why? Because when we hear about a quality Match with a dedicated group of competitors being held on a regular schedule, we want to see it and participate in it. I felt that if we did not attend at least one of these Haltom City matchs before I got too old to travel, our Silhouette Experience would not be complete. I want to thank Tom Foster and all the guys who put on the Match for the genuine hospitality that they demonstrated to us. We learned a lot about Air Pistol Silhouette in a short time from a group of highly skilled shooters. The Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club is in a unique location and if you have never shot an indoor Silhouette Match, it is a very different experience. I recommend if you are ever in the Dallas area on a Tuesday Night do your best to shoot a Match with these guys. Contact Tom in advance and if you do not have equipment the club members will bring equipment for you to borrow.

Bobby R. Huddleston
Last edited by atomicbrh on Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Thanks Bobby for the nice post. I didn't get to shoot with you Tuesday night, but I'm glad you had a great time.

The club has a match the first, second, and third Saturday of nearly every month. It rotates from hunter pistol/cowboy, small bore rifle/air rifle, and a fun match.

Here's a link to the club's web site where you can check the schedule and club news. http://www.haltomcityrpc.org/index.html
- Joe
hotbrass
Unclassified Poster

Post by hotbrass »

Bobby, thanks for all the kind words and for driving 7 hours to shoot a 1 hour match. We were glad to have you, and anyone is welcome any time. I am glad you got to meet everyone. Too bad edgehit wasnt there!

Best Regards,

Tom Foster
Match Director, Indoor AP Silhouette
Haltom City Rifle & Pistol Club