TX200 Mk III or HC - what's the consensus???

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
RaginCajun
Unclassified Poster

TX200 Mk III or HC - what's the consensus???

Post by RaginCajun »

I know it's a personal thing and it's a debate that goes round and round, not trying to throw fuel on the fire, but as a newbie looking to try silhouette, I'm wondering if one model is preferred over the other?
Most people shoot the Mk III or does the shorter HC lend itself better to the sport?
Just wondering....thanks for helping with my quest for knowledge! :-\

Scott
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: TX200 Mk III or HC - what's the consensus???

Post by dustinflint »

MKIII - I;m going to send you a PM with some contact info and let you look at some rifles.

Dustin
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

FWIW they are esentially the same.

Question is older TX200 with the cross checkering or newer with the fish scale checkering....

Had 2 of them at the same time and the stocks are noticably different.

Fish scale has a lower heel at the butt, the bottom of the butt is almost a inch lower then the older stock.

Wrist is thinner on the fish scale stock.

Forend is much rounder and actually has a "belly" to it. The older stock the forend is much squarer.

The power plants, triggers and barrels (non-HC) are the same and the MK3 has a full length shoud on the
barrel.

It's apples to apples but do you like Fuji or Honey Crisp....

:-?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Forgot to add that a MKI, II or III will be easier to cock over a HC. The HC (Hunter Carbine) is shorter which makes the cocking arm shorter as well. Same power plant, shorter lever to cockit with....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
RaginCajun
Unclassified Poster

Post by RaginCajun »

Thanks for the reply!

Dustin was kind enough to meet me at the range and show me around and let me shoot his TX so I actually got to see one in person! So of course....now I'm looking around for a good deal on one!!!! :)
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

RaginCajun wrote:Thanks for the reply!

Dustin was kind enough to meet me at the range and show me around and let me shoot his TX so I actually got to see one in person! So of course....now I'm looking around for a good deal on one!!!! :)
I am sure Duston already told you but watch the 54 yellow forum at least daily if not a couple times a day. In the past few months several have poped up that were good deals.

They are fine rifles and all else being equal for this game if you are shooting one with decent ammo you are by far the week link.

;)