CO2 guns ?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
doug
Unclassified Poster

CO2 guns ?

Post by doug »

I am a newbie wanting to get into the sport. But I'm old enough that I dont want to have to put the effort to cock the spring piston guns. Are there any 12g co2 guns that would be suitable? Thanks for any input.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: CO2 guns ?

Post by Dee »

If you don't want to cock/pump a rifle and don't want to deal with scuba gear and prefer CO2 I would recommend looking for a Steyr Model 91 10m Target Rifle. I have seen a few recently for sale for around $500. Some even included the bulk fill CO2 tank and setup. If you need to buy a CO2 setup it is much cheaper than scuba, not sure if the rifle takes carts or not but it may. Probably one of the best older CO2 rifles made before they went to SSP and PCP. There is also the Crosman Challenger which will take carts but compared to the Steyr is merely a toy and costs the same.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
shooterer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterer »

I have a CZ Tau Senior that I use for rimfire silhouette practice in my basement. At 550 fps for 50+ shots per cartridge (it starts dropping at 59) I think it would work for air rifle matches. I have the extra high rings on it so my fat fingers can get to the loading gate.

Stand up for what is right.... even if you stand alone.
doug
Unclassified Poster

Post by doug »

I appreciate the responses.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

One for the caveats of CO2 is temp/pressure. CO2 isn't regulated. It's boiling point is temp related so depending on ambiet tempurature and
# of shots on a cylinder in a row the pressure will vary enough to possibly cause a POI change. Nothing that can't be worked around you just need
to be aware of it.

:-bd
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

There is a reason that almost nobody shoots co2 anymore. It will bring you unhappiness. Most are shooting PCP now. Some do shoot some older 10 meter guns that are not hard to cock. We have a few guys at our club that do shoot co2 pistols in pistol silhouette and they do well but you need to be a mechanic to keep those things shooting and they know the number for the parts dept. at Crosman by heart.
Look at what everyone else is shooting and then buy the best you can afford. Don't waste a lot of time and money doing what others have already done.
Richard