Diana Model 56 Target Hunter

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Diana Model 56 Target Hunter

Post by gard72977 »

Has any one seen the new Diana model 56 TH. Looks like it was made for silhouette. What class would this gun be in. I have heard that the model 54 is a scope killer.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Diana Model 56 Target Hunter

Post by cedestech »

You can use Weaver V16's no problem on the 54/56 action.

Other thing is weight.... I had to go through several before I found a "light" stock that would get the gun below 10# with glass.

Don't believe the thumbhole is allowed, Dustin is your man.... he'll be along in 3...2...1....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I dont see any problem with the thumbhole stock for Sporter Air Rifle. The rules require only that it be:

1. A sporter air rifle
2. Unaltered from the factory
3. A catalogue item readily available over the counter to the general public
4. 11 pounds or under with scope, and
5. Not a precharged rifle.

The rules do not specifically prohibit thumbhole stocks like they do on the hunter highpower and hunter smallbore rifles.

If I was running tech at the Nationals (which I wont be) and the rifle made weight, I'd certify it for sporter. The thumbhole stock could be protested and it would go the the jury. The only argument I could see is that the thumbhole stock is more of a target stock and not a "sporter" stock. It would be up to the jury but I think without a specific prohibition as in other areas of the rule book, it would pass.

Dustin
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Hmmm.... I almost bought a 56 but figured Sporter would be interpreted like Hunter in SB.

I ment 11# mot 10# (didn't remember off the top of my head). You need to weigh the actual rifle you want before buying it
if it's specifically for hunter rifle. I went through 3-54's before coming up with a stock/action/ring/scope combo that was less then a
ounce under weight. They are tanks.

(told you Dustin would be along shortly....)

:D

dustinflint wrote:I dont see any problem with the thumbhole stock for Sporter Air Rifle. The rules require only that it be:

1. A sporter air rifle
2. Unaltered from the factory
3. A catalogue item readily available over the counter to the general public
4. 11 pounds or under with scope, and
5. Not a precharged rifle.

The rules do not specifically prohibit thumbhole stocks like they do on the hunter highpower and hunter smallbore rifles.

If I was running tech at the Nationals (which I wont be) and the rifle made weight, I'd certify it for sporter. The thumbhole stock could be protested and it would go the the jury. The only argument I could see is that the thumbhole stock is more of a target stock and not a "sporter" stock. It would be up to the jury but I think without a specific prohibition as in other areas of the rule book, it would pass.

Dustin
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

They are tanks for sure and would be close on weight although I am going off a 48 from years ago so this thumbhole new model might be lighter but I doubt it if much. If you can spank the top shooters using their TX200's more power to ya! The biggest drawback to the design is that it is a beast to cock repeatedly. Much more so than a TX to me. But they are nice rifles and surely up to the task to get you going for awhile before you decide if you need anything else. The 48 and 52 were the real scope killers. Is the 56 a thumbhole stocked 54 or a 52/48? I'm not sure. The 54 is supposedly recoiless I have never tried one myself. The 52.48 is far from recoiless. Just Choot`um :lol:

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Actually Dee the 54/56 are even worse scope killers then the 48/52. It is recoiless to you but the scope gets hammered even worse. There is no soft human parts to mush the recoil out. Fun guns.

:)