2014 Factoryville Pa. Air Rifle Silhouette matches

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

2014 Factoryville Pa. Air Rifle Silhouette matches

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Folks, this is new for 2014 at FSC. Thanks to the Steelchicken crew with tips and advice on air rifles. Since so many use air rifles for for not only practice and some sort of trigger time during the "great 2013 shortages", I ran a few fun matches last year after the Smallbore with a good response, so having NRA sanctioned ones in 2014 before the Smallbore while the wind is kinder.

If the 2014's response is greater than expected, the COF may increase to two 80 pellet matches and additional targets / shooting stations added, as for now it's just one 40 pellet match.

FACTORYVILLE MONTHLY AIR RIFLE SILHOUETTE

2014 DATES: MARCH 9, APRIL 13, MAY 11, JUNE 8, JULY 13, AUGUST 3, SEPTEMBER 14, OCTOBER 12
*** RAIN OR SHINE! ***

NRA SANCTIONED COMPETITIONS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, PRACTICE FOR SMALLBORE OR AIR RIFLE AT 9:00 A.M. TO 9:30 A.M. AIR RIFLE MATCH BEGINS NO LATER THAN 9:45 A.M., WITH SMALLBORE THEREAFTER (APPROXIMATELY 10:45 A.M.). NRA MEMBERSHIP PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE

THE FACTORYVILLE SPORTSMAN’S CLUB
P.O. Box 331, Lake Winola Road, Factoryville, PA 18419 41 DEG 32’ 15” N / 75 DEG 49’ 22” W
Phone 570-378-CLUB or 570-378-2593

$5.00 FOR 1 40 PELLET AIR RIFLE MATCH. Entries will be taken UNTIL 9:30 A.M.

We will use standard NRA Air Rifle Silhouette rules, targets, and classifications. COF is ONE 40 PELLET AIR RIFLE MATCH at standard Air Rifle Silhouette metallic targets and distances. ---NO BB’S OR ALLOY FOR AIR RIFLE---

Please read the Silhouette rules section to view details of RIFLE AND AMMO RESTRICTIONS, COF, TIME LIMITS, RANGE COMMANDS / PROCEDURES, AWARDS & PRIZES, SCORECARD FAMILIARIZATION. More details are available at FSCWEB.ORG in the Smallbore Silhouette section, including pictures of the range.

ANY SAFELY OPERATING AIR RIFLES – Springer, Nitro piston, PCP CO2, break barrel, under / side lever, pump. THERE IS A DIVISION AND SHOOTING CLASSIFICATION FOR ALL STYLES OF RIFLES AND SHOOTERS SKILL LEVELS.

Silhouette uses the standing / offhand position with no slings or other aids, but at FSC if a PHYSICAL CONDITION REQUIRES A USE OF AN AID OR A SITTING POSITION and can be safely executed at the firing line, it will be allowed to shoot for fun...However, scores WILL NOT BE COUNTED toward Championships, Awards, or Silly Silhouette Prizes.
There are several ways to get to F.S.C. however the directions below are the least complicated. If you choose to use GPS to help plot your alternate route, our coordinates are: 41 DEG 32’ 15” N / 75 DEG 49’ 22” W or 41.535119 -75.823866. You can also use mapquest on the internet; MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map
Type in “Lithia Valley Rd, Factoryville, PA 18419” or “Factoryville Pa” (use Carpenter rd. to get to the club) then use the “satellite feature” to find the club / range and be able to find and alternate route that suits your needs.

FROM SCRANTON / CLARKS SUMMIT AREA:
If using Routes 6 and 11, you can get off at dalton (Rt 632). Instead of going east, go west (technically 632 ends, just go in opposite direction of the 632 east signs). Keep left (Lithia Valley rd.) and keep following until you reach the familiar turn off on Lithia Valley Road to the club.
You can also continue on route 6, stay to the right at the route 6 / 11 split, go 2 miles to Lithia Valley Road, turn left and go 1 mile (farm on left), make right turn (Lake Winola Rd.) and go .9 mile to Club on left.

- OR –

From I-81 N or S, exit 197 Waverly, then follow Rt. 632 W. Use direction #1 in directions for Scranton / Clarks Summit area above

- OR –

Route 307 to Lake Winola (through Mill city), before the lake make right on Fairview road, next intersection go straight (turns to Ehrhardt road, next stop sign make a right. The club entrance will be on your right.
You can also choose to pass Lake Winola, make right on Dalton road, left on Lithia valley road, and continue to follow until you see the club on the right.

FROM TUNKHANNOCK AREA:
From Rt 6, At red light on Rt. 6 go east on Rt. 6 for 6.8 miles and make a right on Lithia Valley Road, go 1 mile (farm on the left), make right turn (Lake Winola Road) and go .9 mile to Club on left.

MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON RULES, REGULATIONS, RANGE COMMANDS AND DISTANCES PLEASE VISIT FSC's WEBSITE: Factoryville Sportsmen's Club IN BOTH THE SMALLBORE AND AIR RIFLE SILHOUETTE SECTIONS
"a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses...."
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Re: 2014 Factoryville Pa. Air Rifle Silhouette matches

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

After much debating about continuing or canceling, I'm sorry to say that due to existing conditions created by Ol' Man Winter upon the range, the March 2014 Small bore & Air Rifle Silhouette matches at Factoryville Sportsman's Club will have to be cancelled (for the first time that I know of over the last 5 years).

Even with some sort of warmup, the amount of snow and ice melt will create a swamp effect out there, and even if I manually clear the berms of snow now, it's just going to be too much.

We will be looking to see you at the April 13 Matches.
"a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses...."
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Walt, thanks for the heads up, was looking forward to the March match. If you're concerned now it must be really heavy up your way. See you later in the year
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Just a bump / reminder that this weekend, Sunday April 13 is the season opener at Factoryville Sportsman's Club.

9:00 - 9:30 am sight in / practice

9:45 - 10:30 am (approx) is Air Rifle Silhouette new to the club this year, 40 pellet match, $5.00.

10:45 am - 1:00 pm (approx) is Smallbore Silhouette, 2 40 round matches, $10.00, new shooters and under 16 yrs old shoot for free.

Details on Air Rifle and Smallbore Silhouette at http://www.fscweb.org/
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Hello shooters!

Just a reminder that FSC will be shooting Air Rifle and Smallbore Silhouette this Sunday, May 11th. I know it's tough being Mother's day.

9:00 - 9:30 is practice, followed by Air Rifle, followed by smallbore at approximately 10:30-10:45.

It has been suggested by a few that there should be separate practice sessions for each, if it's the feeling of the majority, it can be adjusted for June and moving forward, send me feedback so I know.

Thanks!
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Hello all,

Just a reminder we will be having our Air Rifle & Silhouette matches Sunday, June 8th.

A slight change to the schedule:
9:00 - 9:30 Smallbore Silhouette practice
9:45 SBS matches start, ending approx 11:45

12:00 - 12:30 Air Rifle Silhouette practice
12:45 ARS matches start, ending approx 1:30

Also a head's up, I'm looking to relinquish the Silhouette match director stuff next year, or even sooner if someone is willing to come on board. It's not really that hard to do in it's basic form, but with all the other things on my plate, I have to start pulling back on some things.

Everything is basically setup already and is turnkey for a smooth transition, will provide a list of sources of supply for pins, targets and other things though we do have a good inventory as of now for both Smallbore and Air Rifle. Whomever is interested let me know. One would have to be a FSC & NRA member.
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Yep, this Sunday, July 13th we'll be at it again, if your not at the Nationals in NM, wear a sombrero for the entire match and it'll be just like you are there.

approx. 12:00 - 12:30 Air Rifle Silhouette practice (after smallbore matches)
12:45 ARS matches start, ending approx 1:30

1 40 pellet match, $5.00.

Details on Air Rifle and Smallbore Silhouette at Factoryville Sportsmen's Club http://www.fscweb.org/
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

I almost forgot myself that this month's FSC Silhouette matches are a week earlier, and is this Sunday August 3rd to accommodate the Coors tournament next week.

Practice for SBS at 9:00 - 9:30, with matches starting shortly thereafter, ending about 11:30.
The Silly Silhouette rolls over from last month, chickens and pigs are $9.00, turkey and ram are $15.00.

Practice for ARS approximately 12:00 - 12:30, with the match starting shortly thereafter ending about 1:30.
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

Hello all,

Next Sunday, Sept. 14 will be our next Silhouette matches at Factoryville.

9:00 - 9:30 Smallbore Silhouette practice with 2 40 round matches following, $10.00 for both matches, under 16yrs old and new shooters free. Silly Silhouette prize is $9.00 chicken & pig, $15.00 turkey and ram.

12:00 - 12:30 Air Rifle Silhouette practice with 1 40 pellet match afterward, $5.00 for the match.

It's possible that the September match may be the last one of the 2014 season as the October match may be cancelled due to some scheduling conflicts. When confirmed I'll make sure to let everyone know.