Going air......

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Going air......

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Almost all my practice rounds these days are air.....rimfire ammo has become just too expensive and hard to find.....

I have an old RWS Model 75 Springer Match air rifle that I use offhand indoors practicing for silhouette, but I'm thinking of a PCP for position practice and for actually competing in a winter .22 gallery league. I'd lose some points with .177 versus .22 but...so what? Expensive they are, though, huh? I was thinking about a Benjamin Marauder, but I also have a match grade AR-15 in my safe with a good, good trigger. Does anyone here have any experience with the Crossman .177 AR upper? It's reportedly match-grade.... can it be scoped? The Crossman would be about equal in price to the Benjamin..... Any advice appreciated....
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Going air......

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Don't think many members here would have the AR15 Air upper. Not to influence you, but, you may want to find a forum that 'touts' it's use (positional?). There is where you'd get an accurate answer.

But for the price of that upper, why not get a whole PCP airrifle (Air Arms, Daystate, etc)?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I've heard good things about the Crosman AR15 air rifle upper and it has a quality Lothar Walther barrel. Not sure about scoping it or not. They are certainly a lot cheaper than the Anschutz AR upper. Being that the trigger is already in your lower that you like it should shoot just like your typical AR rig in feel. Good luck and be sure to ask around on the other position forums for more feedback before you buy one but I think it would fit your needs well. If you didn't like it I am sure you wouldn't take much of a hit on resale value to other position shooters out there.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
shooterer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterer »

Your trigger may be a issue on the AR, most HP triggers are set at 4lbs.
Stand up for what is right.... even if you stand alone.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

On the Pyramyd website for the MAR177 it shows a image with a scope mounted. It appears to have a Weaver rail front and rear. I guess they thought it through enough to know people might want to use their match sights on it and not just the factory issued sights that come with it. Upon closer look at the specs it is indeed a Weaver rail and scope ready.

The current trigger weight of your AR is irrelevant it will take whatever trigger you have on your lower already. That is the point of this airgun upper to get the same feel as close as possible to your regular AR setup. But if you will be competing against true 10m match rifles the heavy trigger will be at a disadvantage 4 lbs versus 4 ounces. But it will be great for really trigger time.

It has great reviews on the Pyramyd site.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!