FWB 300S Front Sight

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

FWB 300S Front Sight

Post by GTS »

I want to remove the factory front sight from my 300S. Can anyone tell me if the pin, that appears to have it attached to the barrel, can simply be driven out with a punch?

Thanks,
Greg
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: FWB 300S Front Sight

Post by cedestech »

Yup, it's tapered. I "believe" it goes in/out from the right of the rifle, as in tap from the left side (opposite of the cocking arm).

I have a 50% chance of being wrong....

=))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
daisy
A Poster
A Poster

Post by daisy »

I never took mine off but here is a post on how to.

There is a tapered pin on the front sight.
It has to be knocked out.
I forget which way it goes out.
Just look at the pin, one side will be round, and the other side will look like someone cut off part of the circle.
You knock it out from the cut side.
Use a brass punch, so you don't mar the pin. If you don't mind marring the pin, you can use a steel pin.

HTH
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yes it is just a slight tapered pin with a flat on it that runs under the barrel. Just go easy on the tapping I forget if its from left to right or right to left. My friend had his slip out and lost it someplace. So I made him a new one out of Delrin and it works like a charm. Why do you want to take it off? It is also the barrel weight retainer. Putting a new sight on it? Never seen anyone do that with one before.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Dee,

I lowered my scope a little and now the front sight comes into view as a hazy sort of shadowy black arc. I don't have to take it off, just thought I would try it without it and see if it makes a difference. Should raise my scores by at least 4 or 5 points. =))

Greg