Best site to look for a used air rifle

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Best site to look for a used air rifle

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

What site would you recommend to find a used air rifle? I'm looking for a fixed barrel rifle like a HW77 with sights.

Thanks,

Jon.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Best site to look for a used air rifle

Post by dustinflint »

Yellow Forum- classifieds.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/

Good luck.

Dustin
shooterer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shooterer »

http://www.targettalk.org has match grade items for sale.
Stand up for what is right.... even if you stand alone.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Also, from the yellow forum classifieds there's a link to American Airgun classifieds

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/classifieds.php
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

Thank you all for the links and information, I appreciate it.

Jon.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Don't overlook Gunbroker as well. I have come across a few great deals on there before in the airgun section.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Good point Dee. I have also gotten some good deals on GB. When something comes up it's often overlooked by firearms shooters
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

I'm shocked about how much air rifle stuff there is for sale out there, quite amazing to me. I'm watching the sites you folks suggested, now I just need to rationalize spending the $ to get what I'm thinking I want. I've been looking at the RWS 48 as well as the TX200 and HW77. I hunt rabbits and shoot in the garage---no air rifle matches around here, it's mainly winter time practice and fun. I've been shooting my R-1 and R-7 and I'm getting adjusted to them--iron sights only. But I still believe I need a fixed barrel rifle. I visited with another member about his RWS 48 a while back, now I'm thinking I should have bought it. I shot air rifle in college so I'm really not new to it, but those were high $ match rifles. Anybody out there shoot both a break barrel springer and a fixed barrel springer who can tell me the differences, especially in accuracy.
Thanks,
Jon.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

IMO forget the RWS 48 I've had one and while a nice rifle it can't hold a candle to the TX200. I've also had a RWS Model 45 in the 80's that was a break barrel type and it was plenty accurate and sent many a bird, squirrel and rabbit to the dinner table. The break barrels just lack a little something when it comes to the extreme accuracy capability of the under lever types. They are good enough for hunting and plinking but not up to the same level as TX200 or HW97 types of rifles. Side cockers like the 48 are also just beasts to cock and hold.

I would recommend just shooting what you have for now and saving a bit more $$ up till you can get a nice 10m SSP rifle for true target accuracy and at home trigger time. Or just get the TX200 and be done with it if you want to stick to springers.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
austin870
B Poster
B Poster

Post by austin870 »

Pretty much all the straight barrels are large magnums. They are all way too heavy for much of anything but benchrest. Even then they recoil so bad they are not much good for that either. The TX200 and HW97 are better guns but still a little heavy for a primarily field gun. The R9 is about the best all around gun out there. Yellow Forum is best classifieds in my opinion. I like buying off people who are the actual shooter and have some sales under their belt on the site.