Yellow Forum Classifieds

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Yellow Forum Classifieds

Post by Trent »

What is the deal with the forum over at http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/ ? I am a member and can log in, but I can't post anything. So if I see something posted that I want to buy I cannot respond to anyone's post. When I click on "Reply" it takes me to a page that says I have to have some kind of special access. I am a member and logged in. It also says that they are not accepting applications at this time. Am I doing something wrong? What is the point of me being logged in but unable to actually do anything? I want to post a WTB add but can't do that either. I've been a member over there for years but never tried to post.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Yellow Forum Classifieds

Post by Dee »

They might have you blacklisted for never posting. Lurker law. Just kidding but really they might have some sort of lock out in place for people that joined but never posted in X amount of time. Try emailing SteveInCT the forum owner and asking him whats up. His email is eagleaetos@yahoo.com

I just tried to post and had no issues. I didn't actually post but I was able to get all the way up to submitting the post before I stopped. Are you getting all the way to that then being denied when you try to submit or before that point?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

No, as soon as I click on Reply or Post it takes me to this application page. I'll try emailing Steve. Thanks.

Oh wait... I found the link that says "How to become a poster" which I had never seen. Evidently I need to email steve the following before being given access...

1. Full name
2. Town, State of residence. (Do not need street address.)
3. Phone number
4. Your login id from net54. If you don't have one go http://www.network54.com and click on create.
Your ID is case sensitive. Please check case before sending
5. Statement saying you are over 18 years of age.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I'm all good now.
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

Hey Dee and Trent, are you guys going to Jax this weekend? Is anybody? I'm going, not sure about the bigun'. Kev
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

hambone49 wrote:Hey Dee and Trent, are you guys going to Jax this weekend? Is anybody? I'm going, not sure about the bigun'. Kev

There are a bunch of GA peeps coming down.
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by hambone49 »

I love peeps.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hey Hammy, you making the run to Jax...see you there. We need to get some of those LA boys east for a bit.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Hammie I don't think you are going to be seeing anyone from LA out there this weekend. We're hosting the Air Rifle Nationals here in Baton Rouge this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Going to be there Thursday as well setting up the match and running 3 classification matches for anyone needing to do such or just wanting to get in a few warm up matches.

This is another reason we need to have an Event Calender here. I am sure several of us would have tried to make it over for the Sunshine Match if we weren't double booked on the same weekend. Silhouette shooters are thin in numbers as it is, hosting large matches on the same weekend in close by areas is always going to reduce opportunities for people to do both. Until they come up with a way to Teleport us to the line from one match to the other we'll need to come up with something else that will work. It already exists and I think it is called a calender of events :lol:

I know some are scheduled the year in advance and others are always waiting till long after their previous event to determine when they can or will be having the next one so that doesn't help either. But I know it is hard for some clubs to plan that far out when they need to get their club approval for the dates and some clubs don't even get around to that until it is to late and you are stuck shooting on whatever weekend they give you for the match.

Hope y'all have a good time!

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Dee wrote:

This is another reason we need to have an Event Calender here. I am sure several of us would have tried to make it over for the Sunshine Match if we weren't double booked on the same weekend. Silhouette shooters are thin in numbers as it is, hosting large matches on the same weekend in close by areas is always going to reduce opportunities for people to do both. Until they come up with a way to Teleport us to the line from one match to the other we'll need to come up with something else that will work. It already exists and I think it is called a calender of events :lol:
EXACTLY!

I would like to go to the Jacksonville match. Hopefully next year one of these matches can move one weekend earlier or later.

This is the same issue with the Texas State Smallbore match. This year it falls on the same weekend as the Mid-South Regional in Benton, Ark AND the Arizona HP championship. I'd love to go to the TX state match but I'm not missing Benton. We need to at least keep the big matches in the same REGION on different dates!

Dustin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dustin and Dee,
While the intention of keeping big matches on different weekends is great, it is very difficult to do as most ranges have more than one discipline on them and thus there is a scheduling issue at the range for hosting a match. I would like also to make the air rifles, but obviously I am going to go to the closer range on this one. Gateway is a fairly active range and has at least 6 disciplines that I am aware of on a monthly basis. In past years we have had conflicts with a large action pistol match and while the facility can handle a lot of shooters on its many ranges, having over 500 people on the facility on the same weekend plus the other public day shooters it became a parking issue. So we do what we can and hope for the best. Good luck to you all on beating Bill and Elisabeth!

Innocent

hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by hambone49 »

Sorry to miss you guys too. Say Hi to that crazy Tureau and give Pat hell for me. Mary, I'll be staying at La Quinta in the Lones Wigger Suite. Bring some of those guavas, my wife goes ape for them. A side question, can I use a wrist brace if I paint it flesh colored? My Ruematism is acting up. Kev
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Kevin you old fart you.......get some bengay.
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by hambone49 »

I'll just tape an aspirin to it. I guess I'm about to find out where Greenwood, Fllorida is. We miss your smiling shiny head down here.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hammy,
No guavas right now but when they do come on I'll know where to send them as my local island contacts have all moved.
Wrist brace, come on old man, arthur is after us all eventually.

Innocent