Tx200 help

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Tx200 help

Post by trx498r »

Alright guys need some help I bought a tx200 off gunbroker. It fired fine for about 30 shots then a pellet lodged in the barrel. Took a rod pushed it out no problem cleaned the barrel fired another one and it also stuck. I'm shooting rws r10 .177 pellets 4.5mm 8.2 gr. the accuracy wasn't that great either when it was firing any ideas?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Tx200 help

Post by Dee »

Use JSB Exact 8.4 pellets with dome heads. You won't get good accuracy using flat head pellets in a TX200.

As for the pellets lodging in the barrel that could be a blown seal not pushing it out at full power. Did you notice any change in how it shot when it happened or how it cocked?

Try some dome pellets but the flat heads should at least come out. If you get them to come out again you need to chronograph it and see what velocity you are getting that will tell you a lot about seals and springs being okay.

Dee
Last edited by Dee on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trx498r »

I'm new to springer air guns but when it was shooting it seemed like it had alot of vibration and yes it had lost power it seemed on those 2 shots. Also it was smokey after shooting it around the receiver. Pyramid has a master service kit for it should I start there? How hard will it be to rebuild?
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Easy peasy to rebuild, you need to find out whats broken first. Where are you located?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trx498r »

Marion nc western part of nc
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Sounds like either a blown breech seal or a piston seal. If you felt a good amount of resistance when cocking it the spring is probably okay. Even a broken spring with a good set of seals will be enough pressure to push the pellet out of the barrel in most cases. I would suggest taking it down which is easy as mentioned. Probably some videos on Youtube to show you how to do it go check those out. Have a look at the seals I mentioned and see what kind of shape they are in and if the spring is still in one piece. A quick tear down should let you know what parts you need so you don't end up buying a complete rebuild kit if its just a breech oring seal or piston seal.

Dee
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trx498r »

I went ahead and got the rebuild kit it had a strong spring when it was shooting I'd say it is the seals gonna wait til the kit gets here and year into it and start fresh. Is the seals a common problem on these?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

They are all unknown lifespans for seals and springs. I've gone through a few springs without touching the seals. If there are imperfections in the material it will go out quicker of course. That is mainly with the springs though. The main thing with the piston seal is to make sure when you push it back into the compression chamber you take care not to cut the edges of it on the edge of the piston. The breech seals are just orings slipped over the end post and don't have much issues installing. When you get around to taking it apart let us know what you find. Since you mentioned smoke I am thinking you have a blown piston seal that is letting lube get around the seal and creating dieseling.

Dee
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trx498r »

Finally got around to taking the rifle down the main piston seal in the front was in pieces made a mess. I went ahead and replaced everything new. The kit come with a new washer but the spring had 3 washers on it? Is that to adjust velocity?