Buying Sil Targets...best price?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Longbow
B Poster
B Poster

Buying Sil Targets...best price?

Post by Longbow »

Need for Airgun Matches I'm starting at our Range, will be shooting standard 22 cal size targets, just dont need the hardened steel ones, 3/16" would be best??. Any help on best price to buy 5 of each in a package? Thanks, i'll do some searches, but alot of you guys here know your stuff. thanks, Pete
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Buying Sil Targets...best price?

Post by High Speed »

Look over in the market place for post by TexasSilhouette. I bought a set of these from Wayne in Winnsboro. Top quality workmanship. I'm very please with mine.
Mark
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Longbow wrote:will be shooting standard 22 cal size targets, just dont need the hardened steel ones
Not sure what you mean by that sentence. You're going to shoot 1/10 scale targets, right? Wayne Harlow (TexasSilhouette) is the man to talk to about Airgun silhouette targets.

Dustin
Longbow
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Longbow »

I measured some Ram 6" H x6.75"W, chicken 2Hx3W. So these are the ones were after, but lighter steel for airgun or do you use 1/4" thick for both 22 and airgun?? I'm new to this so just asking. thanks, Pete
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Pete,

Smallbore (.22LR) silhouette is shot on 1/5 scale targets at 40, 60, 77 and 100 meters. Air rifle silhouette is shot on 1/10 scale targets at 20, 30, 36 and 45 yards. The air rifle targets are much lighter than the smallbore targets because they are half the size and much thinner because they don't have to stand up to .22 LR ammo.

It is MUCH better to shoot 1/10 scale Airgun targets on a resettable platform. It's difficult to keep up with the targets if you are shooting free-standing Airgun targets. The chickens are especially tedious. Wayne can get you set up with some really nice Airgun resettable targets.

Dustin
Longbow
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Longbow »

Thanks Dustin. A newer style Airgun sil is shooting at 30-40-50-60 yds using the 1/5 size( just got info on that)With the newer PCP airguns, they can reach out there alittle farther. So I appreciate all the replies. I will be doing our Match in that format using the 1/5 size. Thanks again, Pete
TASpurs
Unclassified Poster

Post by TASpurs »

Can someone how to get hold of Wayne at Texas Silhouette. I went online and created an account and am interested in buying a couple of sets of his resettable targets but can't figure out how to go about it. Thanks in advance!
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Rules on target size aside, sounds cool to use small bore targets. Tiny air rifle chickens are easy to lose, heavier small bore target wil be easier to manage. Less stuff to buy. I have the resettable 1/10 scale and they are super. The short distance make it easy to reset with a line. I use copper wire now, lasts longer that survey line.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

TASpurs wrote:Can someone how to get hold of Wayne at Texas Silhouette. I went online and created an account and am interested in buying a couple of sets of his resettable targets but can't figure out how to go about it. Thanks in advance!
Send him a PM. His screen name is TexasSilhouette I think.

Dustin
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

Look at my post above. Go to market place, about mid way down page is his info on his targets. Air rifle/pistol reset-able targets. TexasSilhouette. Click on the add, send him a PM. He will get back to you. I have a set and they're very nice. He does excellent work. It looks a little ragged out back, Im still in the process of moving some dirt. Not set up permanently yet. Boxes on blocks are pellet traps I made. I can put cardboard on them to put targets on.
Mark
[attachment=0]photo.jpg[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TASpurs
Unclassified Poster

Post by TASpurs »

Thanks guys. PM'd Wayne and am anxiously waiting for him to get back to me.