Air arms s200 ft

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Air arms s200 ft

Post by trx498r »

Anyone shot or know anyone that shoots a s200 ft PCp in silhouette? Been looking at them for backyard practice
caseyboy
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Air arms s200 ft

Post by caseyboy »

I don't know of anyone, but not much AR silhouette around here. Are you already set-up for PCP? A good springer such as a TX or 97 is also great back yard (or basement) practice. Self contained as well. No tanks to fill or drag around.
trx498r
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trx498r »

I already have a tx200 but my gf has trouble cocking it looking for a decent PCp for her to practice with so I don't have to cock it every shot lol
Scrench
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Scrench »

The S200 is essentially a baby MPR, and an excellent first PCP if you don't mind the cheap plastic trigger. It's light, under 8 pounds with scope, probably the lightest PCP you can find, but has a rail underneath that you can strategically place weights for individual balance preferences; compact, so easily handled; the velocity is adjustable, and its accurate enough for 1" groups at 45 yards. I'd get the Target version with the adjustable butt pad and cheek piece like I had for better fit, and see how well it shoots with JSB RS pellets. I'd also get removable air cylinders with the gauge to monitor air pressure, even though AA gauges are marginal at best accuracy-wise, and carry at least one spare tank because one tank will not get you through an entire day. With it you'll have all 3 divisions covered including your TX. I sold mine to upgrade to the MPR-FT, and it was worth every penny, but not necessary. I wish I still had my S200, but I'm mainly a pistol shooter now.

Good Luck,

Scrench
Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

My AirArms200 is my practice silhouette rifle. It's surprisingly accurate for a mid priced value pellet rifle. If you go with the 22 cal, vs the .17cal, it has enough ummph for squirrel. I've taken some 100's of ground squirrel, 40 yds is a practical limit though I made 1 freak kill at 73yd. It was straight down a cliff and the squirrel had no clue, just sat there munching an acorn until my 5th round nailed him. Their prices have gone up, bought mine for $375, now sells for around $700+. Under 7lbs and if you want more weight for precision shooting you can add a brass connector cover on the front of air tube.

What I like about it is that it operates on relatively low pressure, with a sweet spot around 130 to 140bar. While many rifles claim a high round count per fill, this one gives an honest 45 shots with less than a half inch variance of pellet drop at 25 yds and that's predictable. It's practical to air up with a hi-pressure hand pump, though it's still a slight workout. Not to noisy. The front scope base can slide forward so there's lot's of room for mounting scopes.

You'll probably never regret buying one, even after a decade or longer.