2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: 2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional

Post by dustinflint »

Just sent in my entry form. This is going to be a fun match. If you shoot air rifle silhouette; you need to come to this match!!

Dustin
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Hey there Hatch Clan! How's all the work comin' along? My cuz from Arkansas is bringin' a big diesel heater, but don't think we gonna need it with all the HOT air that's gonna be flowin'. Prolly outta wear boots though, cause I KNOW the SH#@T is gonna be DEEP! Especially with all them Baton Rouge coonasses there! Maybe I outta bring some of that clumpin' cat litter to soak some of it up!!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Gabby Jones wrote:Hey there Hatch Clan! How's all the work comin' along? My cuz from Arkansas is bringin' a big diesel heater, but don't think we gonna need it with all the HOT air that's gonna be flowin'. Prolly outta wear boots though, cause I KNOW the SH#@T is gonna be DEEP! Especially with all them Baton Rouge coonasses there! Maybe I outta bring some of that clumpin' cat litter to soak some of it up!!
The work is coming along for sure. We're all sealed up and wind free. Bring some sunglasses because I just about have it daylight in there! After putting up spotlights and not being happy with them, they've came down and been replaced. I think I'm finally satisfied.

We're still hosting 4H air rifle and air pistol practices so the clutter hasn't been moved yet, but I got a couple of pictures. My cell phone was upset at the light and didn't process it well, but the targets aren't washed out like the first pictures shows. The second should be a better representation.

I'm glad the heater will be there to pair with the rest of the heat sources, but I'm :ympray:'ing that we don't need to run them much. Once you start heating indoors and looking through scope, you'll wish you had wind to blow the mirage out of your scope!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now the forecast has it in the 40s and rainy so we'll just have to play it by ear.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

Have you still room for more shooters? Not candle wick shooters, just shooters.
Stay Safe
Mark
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

High Speed wrote:Have you still room for more shooters? Not candle wick shooters, just shooters.
Stay Safe
Mark
Absolutely! Depending on the number of shooters that show, there's a good chance there is room for everyone to park inside too. ;)

The above shot was taken from the firing line. There is well over double the space behind the camera still covered.
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Garin and Danny: Yawl sure got it lookin' good in there! Even us blind ol' Texas boys outta be able to see them thangs real GUUUUD!!! Hittin 'em is another story! Lol. Looks like enough room in there to set up washer boards and maybe them Baton Rouge boys could bring a few dancin' gals to spice up the competition! Lol
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Gabby Jones wrote:Garin and Danny: Yawl sure got it lookin' good in there! Even us blind ol' Texas boys outta be able to see them thangs real GUUUUD!!! Hittin 'em is another story! Lol. Looks like enough room in there to set up washer boards and maybe them Baton Rouge boys could bring a few dancin' gals to spice up the competition! Lol
Hitting them is not up to me! I have to leave something for yall to take care of!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Doodaddy wrote:
High Speed wrote:Have you still room for more shooters? Not candle wick shooters, just shooters.
Stay Safe
Mark
Absolutely! Depending on the number of shooters that show, there's a good chance there is room for everyone to park inside too. ;)

The above shot was taken from the firing line. There is well over double the space behind the camera still covered.

Looks great Doodaddy! I think you have the only indoor air and smallbore range with covered parking!! =)) I'm not going to be able to make it but I hope you all have a great time and beat that Dustin fellow I keep hearing about!

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Dee wrote:
Doodaddy wrote:
Stay Safe
Mark

Looks great Doodaddy! I think you have the only indoor air and smallbore range with covered parking!! =)) I'm not going to be able to make it but I hope you all have a great time and beat that Dustin fellow I keep hearing about!

Dee
You better cancel whatever you have and get up here! [-x

Hopefully we'll fill up parking!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Practice starts up tomorrow! Hoping to see some folks there!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

We will be there! Can't wait to get the 2015 shooting season started!!!

Dustin
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Full results and Pictures up!

http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.co ... l-results/
http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.co ... oop-shoot/

A huge thanks to all who came who made this possible for us. It's been a huge effort and it went great. I hope all who were there enjoyed it and will continue to come year after year.

Mike Turner over at http://www.benchreststocks.com crafted these beautiful trophies for the aggregate places. A definite thank you is in order for him as well!

Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

A well promoted event by Danny, Garin, and others. Those trophies look outstanding.

Chicken house was warm, as were the folks, and especially wind free (chicken house, not the folks). No candle flame would ever waver inside there, plus plenty of room for parking. This was my 2nd air rifle silouette, though I've shot smallbore 2X's and field target once. At last, not only were the targets painted, they were painted a very visiable white with a yellow background and kept painted as the shooting went on. Garin spotted for me, another 1st as I've never had a spotter. You'd thought he was a caddy for a pro golfer, all positive and it helped my score, thank you Garin.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Gabby and his story of salt blasting grasshoppers for his chickens, he he. Took me a while to figure out gun classes, wish that had gotten discussed in posts beforehand. Though there was plenty of competition, found out too late I could of shot in the morning target class with a 11ft/lb 22 cal rifle for grins. Turns out, the afternoon 80 round match tired me out. Practice started shortly after 8am and folks were still shooting when I threw in the towel around 5:15pm :!:

Tasty gumbo, sausage and chicken during the noon break. Pristine new rented toilets with a place to wash your hands. 70 degrees with near perfect lighting. One little turkey sagged down slowly from too much paint on the fittings and was repaired, equipment worked nicely. I gotta comment, it was my 1st airgun match with freshly painted targets and what a difference attention to little details like that make.

These Bayou Boys will make an expert out of a newbie shooter. Kenny put the pressure on class B and hopefully my prescence kept him on top of his game, fun to be evenly matched with another. Think it was Jerry that gave me the down and dirty on how to get the turrets on Chinese scopes to work for you. I stubbornly clung to mil-dots this time, but using turret settings will the focus of my practicing starting this weekend.

It'll be worth the 8hr run to shoot again, especially knowing they'll be twice as many folks next year. There's still more national indoor records to fall. Thanks again to all the fine folks that made this possible.

Randy from Cali
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Randy, we have your NRA classification book. You will need it if you go to another match. Are you at your Alabama address so I can mail it to you.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

Toss my classification book Danny, great to shoot with everyone. Hope the PM I sent 'ya goes thru.