2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional

Post by Doodaddy »

This is our first tournament to host, so please bear with us as we find our footing. This tournament idea was spoken to us and we thought it was a great idea so we're doing what we can to make this the best of its kind. We are ecstatic to be a part of being able to allow this sport to flourish and offer a venue that isn't readily available to some. It's exciting to imagine some of the scores that might be produced from an Indoor Air Rifle match. This match will be a great warm up leading into National Tournament as well.

The match will be oriented in our range from the center so shooters will be firing in both directions with a milling area in the center. This allowed the best logistics for the match as well as the most shooters per relay. At this time, there will be 8 shooters per relay with 4 shooting in both directions. I say this only because the pictures on the website show the range oriented as is usually is, one direction for up to a 130 yard shot.

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We don't want this to be a one time thing and would like to host smallbore tournaments in the future at some time too. There are images of the range at http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com. For those that do not attend the match, I will be providing real time results on that site.

On January 31st & February 1, 2015, the 2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 80 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will Saturday January 31 with Sporter on Sunday February 1. Practice will be available Friday evening January 30, 2015. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle. Awards will be given for each classification.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

The range sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $120/night, Deluxe Lodges $160/night, and Traditional Camp sites.)

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... tate-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... mmodations

Standard hotel options are below.

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

There is a hotel of sorts in Jonesboro as well:
http://www.budgetinnjonesboro.com/

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garin.hatch@graphicpkg.com or my cell at 318-381-2210. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2015 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional

Post by fartsinpublic »

Kudos to taking this on and starting something new with the old chicken house.

I'm chatting with my sister about introducing silhouette where she is, and just getting enough targets out there is a challenge, let alone starting with a big match.

Best of luck to you all. :-bd
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

fartsinpublic wrote:Kudos to taking this on and starting something new with the old chicken house.

I'm chatting with my sister about introducing silhouette where she is, and just getting enough targets out there is a challenge, let alone starting with a big match.

Best of luck to you all. :-bd
Every step of the process will be some form of challenge. I don't mind a bit if the fruit is enjoyed!

You should fly in! Bring that Savage of yours and we'll shoot some smallbore afterwards!
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Danny and Garin and team Hatch: I sure am glad yawl decided to host the regional match. I look forward to havin' some fun and eatin' some GOOD Louisiana cookin' ! The Texan clan should be there in full force! My entry fees are onna way!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Gabby Jones wrote:Danny and Garin and team Hatch: I sure am glad yawl decided to host the regional match. I look forward to havin' some fun and eatin' some GOOD Louisiana cookin' ! The Texan clan should be there in full force! My entry fees are onna way!
Hey Gabby!!! Great to hear from you and really good food is lined up for sure! This "chicken coop" shoot down on the chicken farm should really be a lotta fun. LOL! We have plenty of room for all to sit, and room to socialize, over 16,000 sq feet, all under roof. We will not have to worry about it getting dark on us, but do bring a flashlight to see your way to your car, our outside lighting is lacking . We have focused on really good lighting inside, and can shoot till midnight if we want to. Practice will start about Noon Friday, January 30th and go till as late as we want.
I sure hope that the Texan clan shows cause I don't want to hear any whining outa ya'll when us Louisiana good 'ol boys, and Arkansas, and Mississippi shooters put the show on the road! But we do welcome shoots from all over. We have not placed a limit on entries. And we have received one entry from Bakersfield, Ca. How bout that? I remember about 4 yrs ago that atomicbrh told me that there would be shooters that would come from Ca, but I didn't believe him, he was right.
Oh, and do you know what the Long Run Record for Rams is, for Indoor Sporter Air Rifle? It is 0. Think about it.
Last edited by dhatch on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Hey there Hatch clan!! Glad yawl (HATCHED) this idea !! LOL! Great site Garin and yawl did up for the match with the google pictures and all. That helped a SHEEEEAAATLOAD in findin' out about everything around there. Man! That country musta produced a ZILLION chickens at one time! I shot a match lotta years ago in Shreveport under a chicken house and they make GREAT shootin' ranges. We gonna check on gittin one of them cabins at the state park. That's a perfect place for a buncha crazy silhouette shooters to git together and tell lottsa lies!! LOL. By the way, I have a lots of freestanding targets if you need them. No trouble to bring em' if you need me to. I plan on comin' early Friday if the good lords willin' and the creeks don't rise! Takin' on an undertakin' like puttin' on a BIG match for your first one is a mighty big challenge. But if that skinny little bicycle ridin' lawyer kid that shoots purty fair can do it, then I KNOW you can!! Lookin' forward to seein' yawl and PASSIN' a GOOD time and a LOTTA GAS TOO!! lol.
Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

Dhatch wrote: Oh, and do you know what the Long Run Record for Rams is, for Indoor Sporter Air Rifle? It is 0. Think about it.
How enticing. I held my 2 mile high school track record for 2 weeks back in '73; ahh the fame and glory. Someone please tell me that a near stock S200 AirArms 22 cal (scoped) is a sporter. Rams are big.

(? pcp is open class according to old NRA rules)

Ah, boys and girls, the issue is muddled: http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/rifle-silh ... ss-rifles/
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Gabby Jones wrote:Hey there Hatch clan!! Glad yawl (HATCHED) this idea !! LOL! Great site Garin and yawl did up for the match with the google pictures and all. That helped a SHEEEEAAATLOAD in findin' out about everything around there. Man! That country musta produced a ZILLION chickens at one time! I shot a match lotta years ago in Shreveport under a chicken house and they make GREAT shootin' ranges. We gonna check on gittin one of them cabins at the state park. That's a perfect place for a buncha crazy silhouette shooters to git together and tell lottsa lies!! LOL. By the way, I have a lots of freestanding targets if you need them. No trouble to bring em' if you need me to. I plan on comin' early Friday if the good lords willin' and the creeks don't rise! Takin' on an undertakin' like puttin' on a BIG match for your first one is a mighty big challenge. But if that skinny little bicycle ridin' lawyer kid that shoots purty fair can do it, then I KNOW you can!! Lookin' forward to seein' yawl and PASSIN' a GOOD time and a LOTTA GAS TOO!! lol.
I guess we'll have to run the exhaust fans just to accommodate Gabby. So much for the range being indoor. =))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Gabby, no need to bring your freestanding targets, I done heard about them. They said that you have electro magnets in them and when us Louisiana boys are shooting, you flip the switch and very few will fall. anyway, bicycle Easy Rider is bringing resettables to use. They should be in place by noon on Friday for practice.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Sosalty wrote:Someone please tell me that a near stock S200 AirArms 22 cal (scoped) is a sporter.
An AA S200 is not legal in Sporter class. The S200 is a PCP and only spring-piston rifles are legal in Sporter.

Dustin
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Sosalty wrote:How enticing. I held my 2 mile high school track record for 2 weeks back in '73; ahh the fame and glory.
I've ran the road the range is on more than I stomach to think of so I know exactly where 2 miles needs to be marked if you're wanting to set that record. ;)
Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

" An AA S200 is not legal in Sporter class. The S200 is a PCP and only spring-piston rifles are legal in Sporter. Dustin "
(may have ta look at a new air rifle)
So that's how sporter class is defined, but, just reread the NRA rules and looks like I'm going 'Senior class' for 2015, wha-hoo this newbie found a class that allows him to be competitive #:-s

Ran 60 miles a week when I was 32. Past 25+yrs about 1 mile total :P
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

So Salty, I am not on top of air rifle silhouette rules, but check to see if your PCP is O K for Target or Open. Also, to anybody that doesn't have a scorebook, ours came in.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Sosalty wrote:Ran 60 miles a week when I was 32. Past 25+yrs about 1 mile total :P
I was holding 70-80 a week when I was 17. It was nearly 10 years before I ran again just to lose a bet that I could still run a 6 minute mile. Turns out I couldn't. :-l
Sosalty
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sosalty »

dhatch wrote:So Salty, I am not on top of air rifle silhouette rules, but check to see if your PCP is O K for Target or Open. Also, to anybody that doesn't have a scorebook, ours came in.
Well, where there's a chance to be taken, there's a Texan! So here's my understading of shooting classes as a rank newbie that did some reading:
Target; 10M rifles that generally shoot 'bout 500-600fps and <6ft.lb energy,
Sporter; springers with a weight limit of 11lbs, no pcp
Open; pcp's limited to 16lbs(weight)

My s200 is a 22cal and falls in the open division at 17ft.lbs power. I don't fully understand these categories/classes, but a basic Avanti(Daisy) is used in 4H shooting clubs for <$400, a fine sporter like you said, is a springer TX200. The Air Arms s200 is a 'value' pcp and is wonderful for it's price point but in intense competition is feather lite and a distant 2nd to Anschultz(Annie's) and others.

( :shock: no! Got to crono my s200 yesterday, it's only 607f.p.s. and under 12f.p.e.; have no idea, but it may slide in as a target rifle? Are target rifles 6f.p.e. or is there a US 12f.p.e. setting?

OK experts, jump in and clarify what I've muddled. What strikes me is the heaviness of these precision shooters.

Sooo, what do you plan to shoot :?:
Last edited by Sosalty on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.