Need advice before I order RAW TM1000

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Need advice before I order RAW TM1000

Post by gard72977 »

I have decided to order a Rapid Air Weapons TM1000. Im looking for advice about Thumbhole VS Vertical grip and Shroud VS S/S ported shroud.

Im more concerned about the shroud than the grip. The S/S ported shroud give a longer barrel and more shots per fill. Not sure if there is a difference in accuracy between the two. I live in the country so not worried about backyard friendly. There is something I like about hearing the gun make noise. Makes me think something is happening. Just not sure if the ported shroud would be good for a indoor event. Im thinking of having the gun tuned to shoot heavy 177 at about 17FPE. I could use some advice here too.

Just looking for advice from people shooting PCP in silhouette.

Im getting my Air Silhouette gear ready. TX200 was sent to tuner today for a 12lb tune. Have a Bushnell 4200 6-24 coming in for it. My little HW77 (10.5FPE 25mm piston) with Leuplod 3-9x33CDS is my silhouette/plinking gun. There is plenty of places to learn about FT equipment but this is by far the best to learn about silhouette. I hope to make a couple of the TX and LA events next year. I have learned a lot from Steel Chickens.
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Need advice before I order RAW TM1000

Post by gard72977 »

Thanks to all that gave me information and help. After several PM and a good phone call last night I decided to order. I went with the Red laminate vertical target stock with extra deep forend and CF shroud. I made a request that the trigger be 2 stage with a definite wall before it breaks :!: Cant wait to get this thing out for a test drive. I took some advice and ordered through Straight Shooters.