PCP tune for 8gr or10gr pellets

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

PCP tune for 8gr or10gr pellets

Post by gard72977 »

Should I have my gun tuned to shoot 8gr pellets or 10gr pellets. The 10gr will put me at 17fpe.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: PCP tune for 8gr or10gr pellets

Post by Dee »

You want it shooting around 875 fps with 10.x gr pellets ideally. That is in the 18 ft lb range. I've found 900-910 fps to be the max for most rifles anything faster and accuracy suffers. 875 is the sweet spot. Wish I knew more about the rifle you are getting but I don't. I do know they are quality made and the dealer is a stand up guy that will help you anytime. I would advise you to get him to tune the trigger for you if that isn't included to make it how you prefer or as close as possible. If noise isn't an issue I would just get the ported sleeve and forget the huge shroud although I bet its quiet! They just look funny to me like a 10 gauge shotgun barrel on a pellet rifle :lol:

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Re: PCP tune for 8gr or10gr pellets

Post by gard72977 »

Will 18FPE cause any target damage?

I have considered the ported shroud but think I would like it to be quiet. It would be really loud at a indoor event. I am building a 10x10 covered shooting area and plan to shoot at night. I live in the country but when its really quiet even a springer makes a lot of noise. Really looking forward to getting this gun. Its going to be a long 12 week wait.

I am leaning toward the Vertical grip. I was shooting my FWB 150 and just raised my thumb on the grip and it was very comfortable.