Target class Air rifle

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Target class Air rifle

Post by glen ring »

I have authorization from my chief financial adviser to purchase a target Class air rifle. I was trying to decide between a Walther LG 300 Universal and an Anschutz 8001 Club rifle. I will be using a pump and probably mounting a Bushnell scope. When I contacted Pyramid air for info on scope mounts my "adviser" told me both rifles are unscopeable.
Just Be Nice **==
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Target class Air rifle

Post by richard »

I am not positive but I would think that you can scope an 8001. I have an 8002 that I got from CMP with the wood stock and I use that for silhouette with a leupold scope with no problem. I suggest you call champions choice and ask them about mounting the scope. My Anschutz 2002 was absolutely the best silhouette rifle I ever had bar none, and it too was a 10 meter gun. I never saw a 10 meter gun that would not take a scope. You will really enjoy a good 10 meter gun. They are a dream to shoot. Good luck.
Richard
bjkramer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bjkramer »

I had a Feinwerkbau 700 and am currently shooting a Walther 300 Carbontech. The Walther will not mount a scope. The problem is the cocking lever hits the barrel of the scope body. You can get a1.5 magnifying rear irises that is legal for seniors in 10 meter competition. It is used with the front sight which should have a 4-6mm adjustable ring. Although the rear sight blurs the bull its well worth the price. I did manage to mount a scope on the Feinwerkbau by rotating it 90 degrees so that the elevation became the horizontal adjustment. At 10 meters I prefer iron sights. The scope changed the balance although I assume it would work for silhouette if one wants the extra weight and the scope adjustment problem.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I have the Walther LG300 Dominator, and Walther LG400. Both have a 6x20 sitting on them with no issues. The 8001 may need a mount, and I have one if you want. Early Anschutz 8000 series did not have he scope mount. Later production did include the mount.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I have an Anschutz 8002 S2 and have used a scope on it more than once. You can also see from the pictures on Pyramyd's website that the 8001 has the same grooved receiver that the 8002 has. The cocking/loading lever comes straight out the side on the Anschutz 8000 series air rifles so it doesn't interfere with scopes at all. You can use rimfire/airgun scope rings on it with no issues. The Pyramyd "advisor" didn't know what he/she was talking about.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Anschutz_ ... Rifle/2522

Look at pictures 5 and 6. A scope will work fine on that rifle.
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

Works on my 8002 as well.
Stay Safe
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scrench
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Scrench »

I had a Walther LG300 XT Junior and my Weaver T24 scope mounted easily and perfectly with no problems, although the rear mount can only be in a certain place so as not to interfere with the cocking lever. Still, I had enough adjustment to get the scope where I wanted it. The lever can be modified for more movement options. That's with standard mounts. as seen in the pictures. If you use risers, you will have no problems at all on a Universal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.