New To me Air Arms TX200

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

New To me Air Arms TX200

Post by bigmike6970 »

Hello,

I have been looking for an Air Rifle to practice with at home or when the weather is bad.
I found a Air Arms TX200 for what I think is a good price pulled the trigger on it.
Bought some Air Arms 8.4 grain Domed Field Pellets.
I also bought some RWS pellets wad cutter style. ( they are a bit of a chore to get loaded at first when you have big mitts)

A couple pics before I get the Dreaded This thread is worthless without pics post :D

I had to add a little length to the stock in order to have it fit me better.
I am going to fix that up so that it matches the contour of the stock better

Here are a couple of targets I just shot a about 30 minutes ago.
That is a 1/4" dot in a 1" circle
There were shot at 30 ft
I let a few of the shots get away from me. :oops:

cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: New To me Air Arms TX200

Post by cedestech »

Air rifles, especially the TX's are a hoot once you figure out how to shoot them. Some are hold sensitive, some are not. Some like to be gripped, some have to be shot artillery hold (you tube it). The one good thing about them is they are fantastic practice between dry firing (free) and your SB or HP set up. Quality ammo is around $10 a tin and you can shoot them in the house or back yard. The dwell time is huge, even compared to SB so hold and follow through is very important. Congratulations. With a little care and feeding you can pass that rifle to your children. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

Thanks cedestech!

I watched a couple of videos about the artillery hold, makes sense. I have been trying different holds and some really do better than others.

Michael
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

bigmike6970,
I also own a TX200. If you're going to compete in Silhouette matches you'll need to be aware of the 11.0 lb weight limit. The TX200 is a heavy weight and with scope and rings mine barely makes the 11.0 lb limit.
ppkny
3.3 Silhouette Air Rifle:
(a) Target Air Rifle: Any unaltered factory target air rifle designed for U.S. and International 10 meter competition. (i.e., as produced or sold by Anschutz, Beeman, Crosman, Daisy, Feinwerkbau, RWS, Steyr and Walther). Use of scopes or iron sights, including diopter sights is allowed. Any older gun may be brought up to current factory specifications using only factory catalogue barrel weights.
(b) Sporter Air Rifle: Any unaltered factory sporter air rifle that is or was a catalogue item, readily available over the counter to the general public, weighing no more than 11 pounds, with a scope and mounts. Rifles utilizing pre-charged systems of any kind other than 12.0 gram disposable CO2 units are prohibited.
(c) Open Air Rifle: Any air rifle weighing no more than 16 Ibs. with scope and mounts. Length of barrel and action measured from the rear of the metal action or air chamber to the end of the muzzle, including any extension, must not exceed 40”. Rifle may utilize any self-contained or externally-charged compressed air system, but such system must be completely self-contained at time of firing. Hook buttplates are prohibited. All air rifles not meeting Rules 3.3(a) or 3.3(b) will be fired in the Open Air Rifle class. The storage of reservoir tanks for either compressed air or CO2 is prohibited on the firing line or in adjacent spectator areas. (See Rule 9.9.1.)
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

ppkny thanks for the information.

The Rifle is pretty heavy that is for sure.
My main use for the rifle is going to be just for some additional practice while I am at home. I will slap it on the scale to see where I am with the weight. I am sure that it will be close. I have BKL rings on it and a Vortex scope that I had hanging around just so I could start shooting it.

Bonner said that he has a full set of airgun silhouettes so I am sure that we will be shooting those this summer for some cheap practice.

Bigmike
WFUinCO
Unclassified Poster

Post by WFUinCO »

Now you need to start up a weeknight air rifle silhouette league...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

bigmike6970 wrote:Bonner said that he has a full set of airgun silhouettes so I am sure that we will be shooting those this summer for some cheap practice.
If you have 2 shooters, you have enough for a match - airguns are for competition, not just practice for smallbore and HP! Bonner and I talked on the phone for an hour the other night about this; he's ready to roll with an airgun silhouette match. Once you guys get into it you can shoot airgun silhouette indoors in the winter while you're snowed in and maybe even make a trip down here to Baton Rouge for the airgun silhouette nationals.

Dustin
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

Hey Dustin,

I am sure that we will be shooting airgun matches here before long. and you know when we get his set of silhouettes out the scorecards are coming out also. :)
Maybe we can get some of the regulars and some new shooters out to try airgun silhouette.

Michael