CZ 200S?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

CZ 200S?

Post by snaketail2 »

I've been looking at air rifles for some time now, and can honestly say I don't have any idea which one to purchase...within my budget.
Yesterday I cane across a CZ 200S, PCP, 800fps, nice looking composite stock - $650.00 w/o scope.

As I don't have any idea what I'm doing I thought I'd ask here - should I go for it? Or, hold out for something better? I'd like to stay under $700.

Michael
CZ air.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: CZ 200S?

Post by richard »

The 200 is an excellent value for the money. Like everything else there are cheaper and more expensive, better and worse rifles out there. I personally do not ever shoot the best of the best. My goal with equipment is to be competitive. I don't want the equipment to be the overarching factor in my performance. The 200 is a competitive gun and certainly a decent first pcp purchase.
Richard
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

The Benjamin Marauder is a great entry level pcp rifle also. I have mine for about 4 years with no problems.
ppkny

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_ ... Stock/3139
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_ ... Rifle/1774
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

ppkny
The Marauder is on my radar too. My thinking is the lighter CZ might (maybe) get my wife interested in shooting too...

Are you filling yours with a SCUBA tank? - A tank is another mystery to solve.

Thanks,
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Michael, I bought a used tank for $60 and spent another $50 getting it inspected and filled. Check with a local scuba shop before you buy to make sure the tank is still within the life expectancy and is capable of being filled. Out of date tanks are junk because you can't get them filled. New tanks are $$$$.
You'll also need a yoke that fits on the tank and has a hose for your gun. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... _Gauge/534
ppkny
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

ppkny wrote:Michael, I bought a used tank for $60 and spent another $50 getting it inspected and filled. Check with a local scuba shop before you buy to make sure the tank is still within the life expectancy and is capable of being filled. Out of date tanks are junk because you can't get them filled. New tanks are $$$$.
You'll also need a yoke that fits on the tank and has a hose for your gun. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... _Gauge/534
ppkny

Thank you - I'll see if I can find a dive shop (I doubt they dive the Mississippi river much!) and see what I can do about a used tank.
Michael
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

I have one I bought for my granddaughter to shoot. One of the most accurate air rifles I have. The only complaint I have is the trigger, but that's why it's a little cheaper.
Stay Safe
Mark