Should I Shoot the Ol' Model 94

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Should I Shoot the Ol' Model 94

Post by dhatch »

I don't intend to pry into your business, but I can't help but be curious. I have "heard" that Australia outlawed repeating firearms.
Am I badly misinformed?
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

It was good to meet you at the Nationals Taps. I hope your shoulder will be well enough for the lever action nationals next year. I'm still laughing about the Goat hunting story.
Just Be Nice **==
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Yes, BADLY misinformed. The only firearms that were "outlawed" were self-loading rifles and shotguns and pump-action shotguns. Knee-jerk reaction to an incident 20 years ago where a certified mentally unstable moron killed a bunch of people at a popular tourist attraction in Tasmania. The government enacted new laws and had a "buy-back" of those class of firearms.
Since then, all other types of firearms must be registered and you must be licenced.
Taps
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

There has been rumors of lever guns being next on the chopping block. Is this true?
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

I hope that you shoot it like was intended and enjoy the heck out of it!
Special Ed
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Special Ed »

Thanks, Steve. I will and I will. I started cleaning it a bit deeper last Friday and noted there was some reddish coloration coming up on my q-tips so I'm going to tear it down and make sure it's nothing serious before I shoot it. Since there's no CLA near here where I can shoot it (not yet anyway), I have time.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Another Dang 9 wrote:There has been rumors of lever guns being next on the chopping block. Is this true?
A local importer released a video of a lever-action, 7 shot magazine, shotgun being cycled extremely fast ( rumored to be sped up) as an advertisement hoping to up sales of the piece of crap. This was jumped on by the Anti-gun brigade as being "the same as or even faster than a semi-auto" and therefore very dangerous. Due to the fact that a 12guage is the most deadly weapon you can get, just look at any computer based, shoot-em-up war game. :-?
The argument then evolved into the inevitable "maybe we should look at all lever guns". It was nipped in the bud and has died down, our association is still working hard behind the scenes to counter all of the Anti's emotional propaganda.

P.S. G'day Glen.
Taps
geo01
B Poster
B Poster

Post by geo01 »

Taps wrote:
Another Dang 9 wrote:There has been rumors of lever guns being next on the chopping block. Is this true?
A local importer released a video of a lever-action, 7 shot magazine, shotgun being cycled extremely fast ( rumored to be sped up) as an advertisement hoping to up sales of the piece of crap. This was jumped on by the Anti-gun brigade as being "the same as or even faster than a semi-auto" and therefore very dangerous. Due to the fact that a 12guage is the most deadly weapon you can get, just look at any computer based, shoot-em-up war game. :-?
The argument then evolved into the inevitable "maybe we should look at all lever guns". It was nipped in the bud and has died down, our association is still working hard behind the scenes to counter all of the Anti's emotional propaganda.

P.S. G'day Glen.
Taps, looks like we may have similar views on the importers video, the reason behind it and the amazing sales of the shotgun down here. I hope that your last sentence is correct because there still seem to be the odd news article every now and then spewing the other sides attempts at keeping the topic in the news.

Geo