Winter shoots

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Harpshooter
Unclassified Poster

Winter shoots

Post by Harpshooter »

Do any of the southern states have a series of winter shoots that snowbirds could attend?
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Winter shoots

Post by Tlee »

We shoot SBCR and PCCLA 60shot matches every 2nd Sunday of the month at Austin Rifle Club just east of Austin TX. We usually have between 16 & 24 shooters show up. PM me your email address and I'll send you a match program.

:ymcowboy:

- Tim
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Tim runs a good match. Just sayin.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

There is a monthly match at Pearland Sportsman Club, south of Houston also, 3rd Saturday. All 3 guns, shot in a IMSHA format.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

While not a southern state, there are monthly matches year round in the Phoenix, AZ, at Ben Avery Range, Rio Salado and, additionally near Tucson, AZ, at the Three Points Range. Also, the Arizona State Lever Gun Championship is normally held in February at Ben Avery.
Harpshooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by Harpshooter »

Thanks, we'll see what we can work out!
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

There's a cowboy match held in Mansfield TX the first Saturday for SB and PC CLA every month followed by the same in Haltom TX, in the heart of Fort Worth. We'll shoot when it's cold. It rarely freezes up to where we can't shoot.
- Joe
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Cavalier (CRPC) in VA shoots every 2nd Sat. And we are a Southern state. It can get cold, snow, or have freezing rain, and we still shoot (we do have the occasional heater) :-). SBLR, PCCLA.
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

edgehit wrote:There's a cowboy match held in Mansfield TX the first Saturday for SB and PC CLA every month followed by the same in Haltom TX, in the heart of Fort Worth. We'll shoot when it's cold. It rarely freezes up to where we can't shoot.
Haltom shot their last match of the year earlier this month. Dallas will shoot their last match this coming weekend.

Hopefully Arlington/Mansfield will continue to hold matches through the New Year. My better half just got a new 22 Mag for PC and she wants to shoot!
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

CamP wrote:
edgehit wrote:There's a cowboy match held in Mansfield TX the first Saturday for SB and PC CLA every month followed by the same in Haltom TX, in the heart of Fort Worth. We'll shoot when it's cold. It rarely freezes up to where we can't shoot.
Haltom shot their last match of the year earlier this month. Dallas will shoot their last match this coming weekend.

Hopefully Arlington/Mansfield will continue to hold matches through the New Year. My better half just got a new 22 Mag for PC and she wants to shoot!
A few miles more miles south near Austin we shoot year round, weather permitting... We have folks join us from FtWorth, Waco, Houston, Lampasas and surrounding areas almost every month. PM me your email address and I'll forward you a match program.

- Tim
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Tlee wrote: A few miles more miles south near Austin we shoot year round, weather permitting... We have folks join us from FtWorth, Waco, Houston, Lampasas and surrounding areas almost every month. PM me your email address and I'll forward you a match program.

- Tim
Hi Tim, we may be up for a little road trip to Austin. We have a little 14' travel trailer that doesn't require hook-ups. Would we be able to primitive camp on the property the night before one of your matches?

Cam
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

CamP wrote:
Tlee wrote: A few miles more miles south near Austin we shoot year round, weather permitting... We have folks join us from FtWorth, Waco, Houston, Lampasas and surrounding areas almost every month. PM me your email address and I'll forward you a match program.

- Tim
Hi Tim, we may be up for a little road trip to Austin. We have a little 14' travel trailer that doesn't require hook-ups. Would we be able to primitive camp on the property the night before one of your matches?

Cam
There are not official RV spots, but we have an area where limited camping is allowed with sufficient notice. We will need to discuss it offline in ample time for me to clear it with the club BoDs.

I just PM'd you my contact info and emailed you an info blurb about our regular monthly match.

- Tim

PS - in addition to our regular 2nd Sunday match we just had, we are also having a match on the 30th of this month.