New Smallbore Rifle

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: New Smallbore Rifle

Post by Jason »

This does indeed sound like the rifle that we have been waiting for Henry to make. Now we need to reward them with getting the word out so that the rifles get purchased when they are available. I emailed Henry from the website to ask about product availability and also provided a link to this thread. I'll report back if I get an answer, or they may even come here and answer themselves. :mrgreen:
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Jason: I sent Henry an e-mail earlier this afternoon. I also talked to a distributor in my local area. He is going to call Henry tomorrow to check on the status of the rifle. Ken
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Ken Green wrote: Has this 24 inch barrel version of the Frontier been released to the public yet?
If it has, which dealer has them in stock and what is the price?

I don't shoot CLA, but this might just give me a reason too. Thanks Ken
I spoke with Henry customer service today and they aren't shipping them yet. She said it's a 2017 model and recommended trying back next month for an eta.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

CamP wrote:
Ken Green wrote: Has this 24 inch barrel version of the Frontier been released to the public yet?
If it has, which dealer has them in stock and what is the price?

I don't shoot CLA, but this might just give me a reason too. Thanks Ken
I spoke with Henry customer service today and they aren't shipping them yet. She said it's a 2017 model and recommended trying back next month for an eta.
I will try to call them tomorrow and see if I can reserve a specific serial number =)) :)) :-j

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( OOOHHHH the wait!!! that is real punishment :)) =))
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

ppkny wrote:I don't want to disassemble these guns but my 20" Henry Frontier full octagon barrel with a Williams FP-GR-TK rear sight and a Lyman 17A front sight weighs 6lbs. 6 oz.
My brand new Browning BL-22 - 24" tapered octagon barrel with the same setup weighs 5lbs. 12oz.
These are weighed on a precision Ultra Ship ULTRA30 scale.
ppkny
How's that BL-22 Working out for you ppkny
we haven't seen these (The henry)down here yet???
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Westy,
I'm just getting the Browning setup and if we can get some decent weather up here I may get to test it out. If not early spring will be my first real test. All in all the rifle is well made and has the feel of a precision tool. The short stroke lever is amazingly smooth and the eject/load cycle doesn't seem to be affected by how you're holding the gun like the 39A's are.
ppkny
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Thank you very much for your interest in the new Henry Frontier Long Barrel. We certainly appreciate it. We are just starting to ship them. You can place a deposit at Marburgers as example and he will be able to get for you. The distribution system will start taking them in next week.

Sincerely,
Anthony Imperato
President
Henry Repeating Arms
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I did a customer search on Henry's website about the 24" frontier.

Here are the main points from the e-mails between myself and Mr. Anthony Imperato (President of Henry Repeating Arms)

Mr. Anthony said: Thank you for your interest in the new Henry Frontier 24". We certainly appreciate it. We can have the local Bass Pro in Denham Springs assist you in obtaining this rifle. We just started shipping this model.

I asked him what the next step was. He said: We need to have them get this set up in their system. Need a few days and I will get back to you. Sit tight and we will make it happen. Thanks again

I thanked him for letting me know. I also thanked him for his decision to make a much need rifle for cla silhouette.

He replied: Welcome and thank you very much.

I will be waiting and looking forward to this being setup. This 24 inch barrel has given me a reason to shoot cla smallbore silhouette.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

No success at ordering one from Cabella's South Houston today..... They told me that once established at the distributor THEN they could/would order one for me.....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Merlin: Were they able to give you any type of time frame when that would be?

I do believe the rifles will be selling quickly when they are available.

I know the extra 4 inches of barrel should help with being a little more accurate while aiming.

How much difference will the extra 4 inches of barrel make in the feel of the rifle? Will this help with the balance of the rifle or will the rifle be more toward being muzzle heavy?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I also got a couple replies from Henry, including one from Anthony (President/Owner of Henry). According to him, the distribution system should have them within two weeks and he gave me three local stores close to my zip code that would be able to get them as soon as they are into the distribution system. I really liked the Henry rifles before, but personal replies from both Anthony and Tom Kotz makes me like them even more.
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Ken Green wrote:How much difference will the extra 4 inches of barrel make in the feel of the rifle? Will this help with the balance of the rifle or will the rifle be more toward being muzzle heavy?
The balance question is interesting. I know that 90% of the silhouette shooters use a 39A. I have a 1958 39A and I have found it to be a little muzzle heavy for me. When the issue of too much weight in the muzzle has come up, the suggestion from long time shooters I've spoken with is add lead inside the stock. The idea of drilling out the stock on a nice vintage 39A kind of turned me off, but I would have no problem making that kind of modification to a new Henry because all the replacement parts are readily available from Henry, and they are very inexpensive. That can't be said for the 39A or 9422 parts situation.
DJA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DJA »

I don't mean to be a whiner, but would it be too much to ask for one like this:
Henry CLA.jpg
Pistol grip from their centerfire rifles plus factory installed Williams/Lyman sights. And while I'm whining, maybe a long tube so I can stuff some more weights in there?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

Nice photoshop job!

I do love a pistol grip, but beggars can't be choosers.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I would prefer a pistol grip if given the option also. I think pistol grip instead of straight grip might be a reasonable request if they get enough response on the new 24" models, but I doubt it would be financially feasible to have factory-installed Williams FP and Lyman 17A front sights. The market for a 24" barrel model would be a lot larger than just smallbore cowboy silhouette shooters. The market for the rifle with those exact sights would probably not consist of many outside silhouette shooters. We don't really need Henry to do that, though. Those steps are easily enough done afterwards and there will not be a lot of wasted resources/expense in the factory sights that get replaced.