Who shoots both SB disiplines?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Who shoots both SB disiplines?

Post by ChuckD »

Just wondering-
I just put together a nice CZ, 2lb. trigger, Sightron 6x24 Sil scope, and have a total lack of enthusiasm for it. Much rather shoot my lever guns. Thought I'd ask, do most of you shoot SB bolt and lever guns or do you trend towards one in particular?

Thanks chuck
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Who shoots both SB disiplines?

Post by Jason »

I shoot both smallbore classes, both highpower classes, and all three cowboy lever classes. If I had to prioritize, I'd probably choose highpower, centerfire cowboy, smallbore and then smallbore/PC cowboy. We don't have conflicting match dates around here, though, so I just shoot whatever is happening that day.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

We run all of our matches at the same time so it creates quite a hectic day if I want to shoot both sb bolt gun and lever. I do it occasionally but generally I choose one or the other for sb. For HP its the same, we run all 3 at the same time (HP Hunter,Standard and lever centerfire). I have been shooting hp hunter and lever gun concurrently.

I wish we had the scoped rifles one day and the lever guns the next, but for now thats just not how its run.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

I shoot everything available when able. I prefer CLA but will shoot anything and used to shoot pistol also.... it mostly annoyed me so I quit shooting it. If I had to prioritize, SB lever action wins out over regular SB.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Like Jason - I shoot both smallbore classes, both highpower classes, and all three cowboy lever classes. Long way to drive for Highpower so I shoot them a lot less....

If I had to choose just one... I would hate it but would be shooting my 39A in Cowboy Lever. \m/

I used to shoot pistol but.......
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I shoot both smallbore classes, both HP classes, all 3 Air rifle classes, and smallbore and PC lever gun silhouette with my 24 inch Henry Frontier.
I do plan on buying a 357 henry rifle for PC and a 30-30 Henry for big bore lever. I just started shooting the lever gun silhouette. Ken
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Both? I can think of 3 or 4 disciplines off hand. I only shoot 2, CLA and 22BPCR, the latter being the most fun - BY FAR
rr1220
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rr1220 »

started with IHMSA then began shooting sb rifle and continue too as well as now shooting all 3 lever gun disciplines , I find lever gun to be more relaxing than sb rifle
snaketail
Unclassified Poster

Post by snaketail »

I have shot all of the silhouette sports. But enjoy lever-action more than the others. I'm not sure if its the challenge or the fellow shooters I enjoy more.

Michael
in search of the perfect red wine
Baja_Traveler
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Baja_Traveler »

Since we lost the Pala lever gun range, my only match is unregistered lever gun at the southbay club, lever rifle one weekend, then small bore lever and PC lever the next. Last year they started setting up a smallbore set off to one side to shoot at the same time, I've done it a few times, but not as enjoyable as the lever gun.

Pala still has BPCR and .22BPCR, which are also by far my favorite matches. Sure do miss the registered lever gun matches up there though...