Henry 24" Barrel

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Henry 24" Barrel

Post by TomJ »

Good Morning - I'm going to begin shooting CLA with my new Henry 24" barrel Frontier and am looking for a sight combination recommendation. It seems that the Williams FP-GR-TK rear sight and Lyman 17 are the recommended combination. My question is which model, what height, Lyman 17 I should order. I'm close to 70 and will most likely end up with a Merit aperture and light shield, if that makes any difference. I'd appreciate your suggestions/recommendations. Merry Christmas, Tom
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Henry 24" Barrel

Post by Merlin »

Lyman 17AMI Target Front Sight for Rifles, .494" Height

Bought mine from Adorama Camera store for $32.21. I have the exact combination you are thinking of.... Works great.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Merlin wrote:Lyman 17AMI Target Front Sight for Rifles, .494" Height

Bought mine from Adorama Camera store for $32.21. I have the exact combination you are thinking of.... Works great.
While the 17AMI will work, the taller 17AUG will allow for slightly more clearance between the hammer and a larger Merit disc on the Williams FP-GR.

- Tim
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TomJ »

Happy New Year to All
Merlin - do know if Adorama Camera carries the Williams FP-GR rear sight? Their price on the Lyman front sight was the lowest around. Thanks, Tom
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I have the 17 AUG front post on my 24 inch Henry Frontier. I am using the insert that has a short wide post. I am pleased with that set up.