2017 TSRA Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2017 TSRA Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Post by Tlee »

Just a heads up...

The 2017 TSRA Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match will be held at Austin Rifle Club on April 29th and 30th. Practice and registration will take place beginning at noon on Friday the 28th. 60 shot PCCLA and SBCR matches will take place on Saturday the 29th. A 40 shot CLA match will take place on Sunday the 30th.

Hope to see you in Austin in April,
:ymcowboy:
-Tim

Please note - UPDATED program attached reflecting change in Sunday's match location
2017_TSRA_UpdatedStateCowboyRifleSilhouetteMatch.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tlee on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2017 TSRA Texas State Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Match

Post by Merlin »

All the matches will be a ARC...?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Merlin wrote:All the matches will be a ARC...?
Updated 04/01/17 (and NO, it's no April Fools joke); PCCLA and SBCR at ARC on Saturday, and CLA at CTSA on Sunday (see my post below for details).

Thanks much,

-Tim
Last edited by Tlee on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Merlin wrote:All the matches will be a ARC...?
Folks -

Please note that a new version of the match program is now available in the original post.

Updated 04/01/17 (and NO, it's no April Fools joke); PCCLA and SBCR at ARC on Saturday, and CLA at CTSA on Sunday (see my post below for details).

-Tim
Last edited by Tlee on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

All of the over nighters might consider getting your rooms ahead of time as the Austin area sometimes gets really busy. Had to sleep in my truck once as there were no rooms at the Inn.......Elgin is a good bet if you book early.

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Merlin wrote:All of the over nighters might consider getting your rooms ahead of time as the Austin area sometimes gets really busy. Had to sleep in my truck once as there were no rooms at the Inn.......Elgin is a good bet if you book early.
Yep, the Elgin Holiday Inn has received some good reports. Otherwise, I recommend the several chain hotels near I-35 at Parmer Lane.

- Tim
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Hey Tim
Does it look like CLA will be at Austin Rifle Club or will we be traveling....? :?:

TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Merlin wrote:Hey Tim
Does it look like CLA will be at Austin Rifle Club or will we be traveling....? :?:

Merlin -

Thanks much,

-Tim
Last edited by Tlee on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Thanks, Tim. Just trying to see how many days to reserve a room there in Elgin for..........

TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Folks -

We are now just weeks away from the 2017 TSRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette State Championships. To date, we have 62 entries either physically in hand or committed by fax/email. This is far ahead of the entries we had at this point on the calendar for last year's state match. While we are able to easily accept entries for up to 96 competitors for Saturday's PCCLA & SBCR matches, the available openings for Sunday's CLA match are down to a very few. If you've not already entered, I encourage anyone intending to shoot both days (all 3 matches) to contact us ASAP to ensure your entry for Sunday's CLA match.

Which brings me to the next item; The Austin Rifle Club Board of Directors have been working diligently to provide us with the facilities to shoot all 3 Cowboy Rifle disciplines at this location. They have completed the firing line work and have received estimates and preliminary funding for construction of backstops, rails, and the targets we need to hold CLA matches at ARC. However, knowing the state match is just a few weeks away, and any delay due to weather or other unforeseen circumstance will put the CLA match in jeopardy, we've made the decision to move the CLA portion of the state match to the Central Texas Silueta Association near New Braunfels this year (same place as last year). We fully expect to be able to hold CLA matches at ARC in the near future and should have all the bugs fully worked out by the 2018 State match.

Although CTSA is right at an hour away from ARC and shouldn't affect folks' lodging reservations, this weeks' notice will give any folks wanting to adjust their reservations ample time to do so without incurring a late cancellation fee.

To recap; PCCLA and SBCR will be held as planned at Austin Rifle Club on Saturday, and CLA will be held at Central Texas Silueta Association on Sunday.

Thanks for your understanding,

- Tim Lee and Bill Ellis, TSRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette Directors
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

We're 1 week away from the 2017 TSRA Cowboy Rifle Silhouette State Championship and still have a couple openings to shoot all 3 rifles.

Contact me via email or PM me if you'd like to join us.

- Tim
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Sorry for the delay. Spreadsheet got corrupted and we had to re-input/verify all the scores.
Scores/Aggregate Standings attached:

:ymcowboy:

-Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.