2017 Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic 8/18, 19 20

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

2017 Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic 8/18, 19 20

Post by Hotrodrockets »

( I am not a Cowboy Shooter just adding this, as I know not if any of these folks are on Chickens -o-steel forum)

Three Days , Two Clubs August 18-19-20 All your Cowboy Dreams! I wish I shot Cowboy guns now.... :D

2017 Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic
Cowboy Lever Action
Friday, August 18, 2017

Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action
Saturday August 19, 2017

Smallbore Cowboy Rifle
Sunday August 20, 2017

General
The Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic match is a Squadded format match comprised of one 40-shot match for Cowboy Lever Action (CLA) category, and two 40-shot matches for each of the following silhouette categories: Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action (PCCLA) and Smallbore Cowboy Rifle (SBCR).

It is NOT necessary to compete in all three Cowboy categories. However, an entrant must enter all three categories to compete for the grand prize.

Campers are welcome on a limited basis, but no electric or septic hook-ups are available. Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and with prior approval of Match Director. Rest rooms are available.

A listing of local restaurants, campgrounds, and motels will be sent on request. Participants should plan to stay in the Concord, NH area, for easy highway access and to the Pioneer Sportsmen range.

If any questions, please contact Jim or Ron at the following:

Jim Doolittle Ron Carter
76 Town Farm Rd. P.O. Box 262
Chester, NH 03036 Warner, NH 03278
603/440-8125 603/491-8659
Jim_doolittle@comcast.net arcticblast7c@hotmail.com

Range Locations

CLA
The long-range category will be shot @ Pemigewasset Valley Fish and Game Club, located at 295 Beede Rd, Holderness, NH. Directions to and GPS coordinates for the club are found at the following web address:
http://pemi.org/location.html

PCCLA/SBCR
The short-range categories will be shot @ Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc, located at 21 Farrington Rd, in Dunbarton, NH. Most GPS units will direct you to the entrance using the following address: 1046 Clinton Street Dunbarton, NH. Directions to and GPS coordinates for the club are found at the following web address:
http://www.pioneersportsmen.org/club-in ... ns-and-map

Rules
Current NRA Rifle Silhouette rules will apply. Eye and ear protection is mandatory for all competitors, spotters, and scorers while on the firing line.

Every shooter is required to have a spotter / scorer. If a scorer is not provided, one will be assigned at the start of the session. Only one spotter / scorer will be allowed on the line per competitor.

Current NRA classification will be used. Each Competitor is required to have a current NRA Rifle Silhouette Classification Book, which may be purchased from the Statistical Officer. Unclassified individuals will compete in the highest class with entries. Smoking is not permitted on the firing line.

* Any ammunition causing target damage will be disqualified *

Match Course
For CLA category, distances are 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards, at full size targets. The CLA match will consist of a single course of 40 rounds.

Each competitor will be assigned relays, starting animal, and line position, and will fire 10 rounds each at chickens, pigs, turkeys, and rams on each assigned relay.

For PCCLA and SBCR categories, target distances are 40, 50, 75, and 100 meters, at half size targets. A complete PCCLA / SBCR match will consist of 80-rounds, fired as two 40-shot courses, in the morning and afternoon.

All ties for awards will be settled by shoot-off, immediately following the completion of the day’s matches. Attempts at National Long Run Records will be allowed after all awards are completed.

Category / Schedule / Range Location
CLA 8/18/17 9:00 AM, 1 PM Pemigewasset F&G, Holderness, NH
PCCLA 8/19/17 9:00 AM, 1 PM Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH
SBCR 8/20/17 9:00 AM, 1 PM Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, NH

Depending on the number of competitors, an afternoon round @ CLA may be required. If necessary the start time for this round will be 1:00. The start time for the PCCLA/SBCR afternoon rounds will be 1:00 pm.

The Pioneer Sportsmen range will be open for practice on 8/17, from 9:00am - 5:00pm, as well as at completion of all match-related activities on 8/19 and 8/20. Due to range restrictions, the Pemigewasset range will only be available before the start of the CLA match.

In addition, the match packet will be available for pickup on 8/17 @ the Pioneer Sportsmen silhouette range.

Awards
The National Rifle Association will provide a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal for first, second, and third place in each category, respectively.The GSSCC committee will provide awards for the individuals with the highest total score, regardless of classification or category, in the three-gun aggregate.

Please note the section on scoring below, for how the three-gun aggregate will be scored. Award ceremonies will be conducted at the conclusion of each day’s match and all shoot-offs.

Number of Competitors
Due to resource limitations (range time and support staff), the number of CLA shooters will be limited to 24. Depending on number of shooters, the CLA event will be broken up into morning/afternoon sessions, with three relays of four shooters each.

The number of PCCLA/SBCR shooters will be limited to 32.

Pre-registration
Pre-registration will be required to compete, as there are a limited number of CLA slots available. Entries will be completed by sending the attached registration form, with all fees, to the address listed.

Cost
The entry fee schedule is as follows:
1st gun $ 35.00
2nd gun $ 25.00
3rd gun $ 13.50
NRA fee $ 6.50
3-gun total: $ 80.00

Scoring
For category-specific prizes, the scoring will consist of the total animal count for both of the 40-shot rounds.

For the GSSCC-specific grand prize, the match will comprise the aggregate of an entrant’s CLA 40-shot score, and the best 40-shot match for each of PCCLA/SBCR categories. The objective of this scoring method is for the CLA score to carry the same weight as the PCCLA/SBCR score.

Target Setters
Target setters will be provided for this match.

Food
Lunch will be available during the match, and is included in the match fee price.

----------------------
Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic
Registration Form

Name_________________________________________________________________________
Address_______________________________________________________________________
City ____________________________State ______Zip __________
NRA #_________________
Phone # ___________________________ E-mail_____________________________________

Circle T-shirt size: S M L XL XXL

Check the categories you wish to shoot below and circle your class.

□ NRA COWBOY LEVER ACTION (circle one) Master AAA AA A B Unc
□ NRA PISTOL CARTRIDGE COWBOY LEVER ACTION (circle one) Master AAA AA A B Unc
□ NRA SMALLBORE COWBOY RIFLE (circle one) Master AAA AA A B Unc

Mail this form with check paid to “Jim Doolittle” to the following address:

Jim Doolittle
76 Town Farm Rd.
Chester, NH 03036
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 2017 Granite State Silhouette Cowboy Classic 8/18, 19 20

Post by cslcAl »

I competed in this match last weekend. This was the first time they held a three gun Cowboy match. The matches were nothing less than fantastic, the target setters were outstanding, the lunch each day was provided by the club. It rained a lot on Friday for the CLA match, but Sat and Sun were nice weather wise.
Everyone there really went out of their way to make us guys from Pa feel welcome. I got to talk with a lot of new folks about a variety of topics, and it was very enjoyable to share our experiences.
The New Hampshire area is a beautiful place with lots of mountains and many lakes. If you like fresh sea food there are many great restaurants there also.
I'll certainty be putting this match on my calendar for next year, and I'd advise you all to do so also.
I'd like to acknowledge the following organizers of this match, and I hope I don't leave anyone out. Ron Carter, Jim Doolittle, Phil Thallmier, John Bartlett, and Jud Durant.

I shot pretty well also.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

I also shot at the New Hampshire regional this year.
These folks did everything possible under the sun to make this a great match.
You can bet this event will grow.
It was a 500 mile one way to this match.And worth every second and mile.
Both sponsoring clubs were presented with a Traveling Round memento from the
Ridgway Rifle Club from the 4 of us that went there.
Don't be afraid to travel to these great matches in the East.
There was PA, Mass,Tenn,S.Carolina maybe more in attendance.
What a great time.
One highlight of the event was as the shootoffs were being determined.
The target setters who were " Sea Cadets"were offered the opportunity to try their hand at shooting steel.They shot pistol Cartridge rifles.I believe there were more rifles and ammo available than we had shooters.The SeaScout leaders and even another family who was there tried it.Everyone hit targets with amazing ease.
I think a few may be hooked.
These kids called all of us "Sir"or Yes Sir after each sentence of instruction.
It was very reassuring that all is not lost with today's youth.
Don't be shy about asking your target setters to try our game as they are the youth that everyone claims is missing.That youth is right before your eyes at these events.They are not just workers for our good time.
Thank you so much to those who labored to put this match on,you should be very proud.
I believe there was a National record made also,but I will let others acknowledge that accomplishment.
I hope we represented our club well with sharing our ideas and years of combined experiences at this game with any of our Northern brothers and sisters that were inquiring.
Great Time
Thank You
JohninNH
B Poster
B Poster

Post by JohninNH »

Never thought it would be so much fun having our clocks cleaned by you out of New England shooters. Thank you for coming up to NH and giving us some pointers!
Al, just to set the record straight, this effort was Jim, Phil and Rons. Jud and I were strictly civilians this time. They did a great job and I hope one of them posts the info about the new womens long run record.
John
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Yes, Kim Clingen from Tenn. set a new women's CLA chicken long run at I'm pretty sure 54 in a row. She shot these with a 357 mag. and it was fun watching her accomplish this new record.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

I also attened this match. I cannot say enough about the staff as well as the shooters up in New England. They worked there tails off to put on a top rate match. This match will be on the calender for years to come for me. They treated us out of town shooters as if we were there at all there monthly matches. For people who do not want to travel to these matches i will say you are missing out. Thank you for a great match and a great time. Mike Haynes
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Sounds like a GREAT match. May have to put it on my near-term bucket list!
That doesn't mean I'm close to kicking the bucket - just that I need to go sooner -vs- later!!!

AND

CONGRATULATIONS Kim on you new Long Run Record!!!
Any record of this kind is outstanding, but if it is over 50, that is PHENOMENAL!!!

Congrats to all the winners and all the participants. It sounds like everyone was a winner by attending such a good match!

ShootingStar
Greg
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Kim and I had a great time. Was a good match with great weather except Friday which didn't bother Kim to much it would seem. She is still fling high. Kim not holding it over my head as long as medals are polished, rifles cleaned and ammo reloaded. Look forward to next year.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

tnchicknsnipr wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 am Kim and I had a great time. Was a good match with great weather except Friday which didn't bother Kim to much it would seem. She is still fling high. Kim not holding it over my head as long as medals are polished, rifles cleaned and ammo reloaded. Look forward to next year.
Dale,
Share my congratulations with Kim. She's becoming quite an accomplished shooter. ^:)^

Also congrats to you for getting to carry her gear to the line, make the reservations, driving....etc, etc, etc.... =))
When my wife used to aggressively compete in 5k races, I would explain that I wasn't running because MY job was to hold her purse while she ran. It was better than running. :D

Sending you a PM.

Boyd
TriggerBreak
Unclassified Poster

Post by TriggerBreak »

Anyone know where the results of this event could be found?
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Go down about 12 posts they're listed here.
Team Sierra Member