All NRA Silhouette Nationals MOVING?????

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

All NRA Silhouette Nationals MOVING?????

Post by 40-65rl »

Folks on the black powder silhouette site, Shiloh, are having quite a discussion about ALL NRA NATIONAL SILHOUETTE CHAMPIONSHIPS MOVING TO RIDGEWAY IN 2918. I have sent multiple e-mails to the NRA to see if this is true or not but, as usual, the NRA is too busy raising money to pay their legislative alert folks to answer questions from their membership. Anyone out there got any REAL, TRUTHFUL, INFORMATION about this?
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: All NRA Silhouette Nationals MOVING?????

Post by OldRanger »

I don't think any of us will be able to shoot the 2918 Nationals. I mean, I personally would be 950 years old!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Dick
I hear scuttlebutt all the time.PPKNY , whoever that is, has heard from someone the CLA nationals in 2018 will be back east. Maybe he or she can tell you who their source is and allow you to inquire.

I , personally, love Raton. I have always shot the CLA nationals at Raton. It's an 8 hour drive for me to Raton, but I like the climate and it allows me to escape the Oklahoma heat in the summer.

Yep..I have been accused of being selfish for wanting to shoot there..I Plead GUILTY..but that " indictment" was uttered by some guy from back east....where the proposed nationals MAY be held.

I had posted another place wondering what will happen if all the nationals are moved back east..who knows .Will folks quit, will CLA decline, I hope not.

I have met some really nice folks at Raton. . Cheer up Dick. If all the national matches are moved back east, and if there's enough interests, I think we can keep CLA and BPCR shooters happy in the west.

There are a lot of places out west to have good matches
Just Be Nice **==
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

Guess I just proved I am not a typist. Mean the 2018 nationals.

Glenn,

Local clubs would not be able to host a NRA National Match only local or regional matches. They plan to move black powder out there also and that is not only stupid it is criminal. Last year the "Ridgeway BPCR national's" got 31 individual shooters. There were 115 at Raton, at the NRA SHOOTING Center. Although the Whittington Center has always catered to the big dollar sponsors and not the shooters. That is why the National Lever gun nationals move around from June to July to Aug then back to July. I have shot in every national lever gun match since day one and side matches well before nationals were born. Side matches bought the cover on the CLA range, not entry fees from Lever gun nationals. Personally I think the Oklahoma City Gun Club is better maintained and has better facilities than the Whittington Center because management there cares about shooters and less about sponsor or paying executives huge salaries. The Ben Avery Range in Phoenix is another outstanding facility, well maintained and catering to shooters. I would shoot at either place if matches were available and I could make the drive.

Lever gun and black powder shooters have always been treated differently than any of the other competitive shooting sports the NRA claimed to manage. Now this last move is an attempt to kill off lever gun and BPCR competitive shooting at the NRA Level. Mark my words, there will be no more NRA Nationals is as little as three years. There may be a clubs claiming to have a national championships but it will not be sponsored by the NRA. However.............

Maybe we don't need the NRA to sponsor a National Championship. What's in the NRA name anyway.

Glenn, you know me and I am not a trouble maker, a pretty mild guy, really, but this just pisses me off. Not mad at Ridgeway, the NRA is the problem here.

If there is anyone from the NRA out there who would like to weigh in, please, let's hear from you.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Dick
I know you and you're a VERY mild mannered guy. The whittington center is where we like to shoot and we have LOVED shooting CLA there.

If one or two people have made the decision to move the Nationals back east without consulting with the shooters then I think that stinks...BUT, they own that decision and if hundreds of shooters want to send individual letters demanding their removal then that's OK too.

We can always have the " International World CLA Championship Invitational" at the Oklahoma City Range.

You'd certainly get an invite Dick...and you know we treat folks very well. Think of it. What would you rather have..a national championship little thingy, or a BIG NICE PLAQUE that says WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" Just a thought.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

How about the Resurrection National Matches?
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Brent
I like the way you think.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Well, you can be sure I'll be there, whatever they are called.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Why not just call it the "Western Regional Cowboy Lever Action Rifle Silhouette Championships" instead of making up some fancy name for it?
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Jason
Will you come shoot it if we do that next year ?
Just Be Nice **==
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I can't promise anything without knowing the dates and how they intersect with my kids' competitions, but if there's no conflict and I can talk Byron and Mark into going (shouldn't be difficult), I'm up for it. It would be easier for me to do 2 or 3 days like that than a week or more, as I'm pretty attached to my time with my wife and daughters. In about 7 or 8 more years, I'll have less opportunities to spend time with my daughters so I'll probably have more time for shooting.