Marlin 336 Trigger

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Marlin 336 Trigger

Post by MOTO VITA »

I've just purchased a 336A that I want to set up for CLA Sil. The trigger pull weight is excessive. What are y'all doing to your triggers? I see the Happy Trigger is available, and the simple drop in option is appealing. I wonder if the Happy Trigger alone is satisfactory, or is further work usually required, or possibly just reworking the stock trigger?
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Marlin 336 Trigger

Post by frankmako »

i would not spend the money for the happy trigger. i got two and both happy triggers did not do what they stated they would do. i had to do a trigger job on both happy triggers. so i wasted money on two happy triggers. go over to the marlin firearms forum, they have a good section (with pictures) on how to rework the marlin trigger. it is very easy to do. i done six trigger jobs and it did not take long.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Google JB Weld trigger and read about it. Pretty easy to do and inexpensive.
- Joe
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

I put a Happy Trigger on mine and it was money well spent IMHO....! :D
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Porpoise
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Porpoise »

I put a happy trigger in mine it got the trigger to just over 3 pounds. A huge difference then I replaced the hammer spring with I forget what kind but it has washers you can adjust the spring force my trigger is pretty good now . I would recommend happy trigger
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

Hmmm, no clear consensus. I guess I'll take it apart and see what I find, then decide.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

go to the marlin firearms forum (marlinowners.com) and read up on how to do the trigger job. go to the do it yourself gunsmithing section for the information.