Nationals Plastic Name Tags

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Nationals Plastic Name Tags

Post by jimkidwell »

If you want a plastic name tag this year, be sure you get your entry in before June 3rd. I have been advised this will be the last year for the plastic ones. What ever..............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Nationals Plastic Name Tags

Post by Tlee »

jimkidwell wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:52 pm If you want a plastic name tag this year, be sure you get your entry in before June 3rd. I have been advised this will be the last year for the plastic ones. What ever..............
Now THAT is a hoot! I finally received my 2016 Nationals name tag in the mail a few months ago, with my name correctly spelled on the address label, only to find the name tag engraved with the name "Kim Lee"....

I thought about getting a 2nd record book and competing under that name, but I don't think anyone would buy it... Kim Lee is a/k/a the "Asian Kim Kardashian"

=))

- Tim, "not Kim"
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

jimkidwell wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 4:52 pm If you want a plastic name tag this year, be sure you get your entry in before June 3rd. I have been advised this will be the last year for the plastic ones. What ever..............
Well, Well yet another take away from the NRA, wonderful X( . They were the one nice thing that everyone got and let everyone know who you were and from, as everyone doesn't get to every range or shoot with all the Silhouette shooters it was nice to put a name to a face.

Maybe we need to design a Silhouette name tag and see if we can get good pricing and have it set up so you could order from the company, better yet does anyone on SC have an engraving machine and already make tags on the side?

What will be next from the NRA, if you win a class are you going to have to buy your own trophy???
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Bob259 wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 am

(Snip)

Maybe we need to design a Silhouette name tag and see if we can get good pricing and have it set up so you could order from the company, better yet does anyone on SC have an engraving machine and already make tags on the side?

I'll ask Wayne Harlow what he'd charge... He did our state Cowboy match awards with his laser and I know it can do namebadges as well.
IMG_1536.JPG
- Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

:-bd
Tlee wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:11 am

(Snip)

I'll ask Wayne Harlow what he'd charge... He did our state Cowboy match awards with his laser and I know it can do namebadges as well.

IMG_1536.JPG

- Tim

GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Tim,

At least you got yours. Mine hasn't shown up yet.

Greg
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I never got my 2016 tag for smallbore nationals either. And I got my entry in 6 months early. The usual high quality work we have all come to know and love from the NRA.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I think there's a new Sheriff in town and things are a gona be changin pilgrim. I was just wondering...IF the entries were done right , the name tags done right and the Nationals went smoothly..I wonder what the cranky old white men would find to complain about ? Gravel too rough in the parking lot ??? Toilet paper too rough in the bathrooms ? I have been shooting at Raton for a few years now ( since about 1992) and find the people VERY friendly, the matches are ran VERY smoothly, the place is SO nice! I LOVE that place. I wonder what my shooting life would be like with no Whittington Center .....oohh, makes a guy very thankful ..well, me anyway.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

glen ring wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 pm I think there's a new Sheriff in town and things are a gona be changin pilgrim. I was just wondering...IF the entries were done right , the name tags done right and the Nationals went smoothly..I wonder what the cranky old white men would find to complain about ? Gravel too rough in the parking lot ??? Toilet paper too rough in the bathrooms ? I have been shooting at Raton for a few years now ( since about 1992) and find the people VERY friendly, the matches are ran VERY smoothly, the place is SO nice! I LOVE that place. I wonder what my shooting life would be like with no Whittington Center .....oohh, makes a guy very thankful ..well, me anyway.
Man, I hear ya. Couldn't say it better myself. The Nationals are a lot more than a couple of shooting events. It is the highlight of my year.

PS. People HAVE complained about the parking lot and lot more.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Brent
I have spent hours with this 38-55. I think about 2 inches at 100 yards is the best I can hold. We'll go to the range next week where I can shoot out to 500 meters....then it's off to Raton to play on the big bore silhouette range...rough parking lot and all !!!
Just Be Nice **==
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Tlee wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:11 am

(Snip)

IMG_1536.JPG

- Tim
Below is a picture of the namebadges he did for our state Hunter Pistol match.

I believe he charged around $5 each for them.

:ymcowboy:

- Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Very nice..........It might be the way to go next year. Something to discuss at the Competitors Meeting on Wednesday evening.......
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Nice Tim hopefully we can do something like this.

jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

I, for one, have every BPCR name tag from 1999 glued on my range box and have no more room. Alas....
It was a "Red Badge of Courage" display. Now, with no other ID, what is there to show, other than receipts, which are paper and fade with time.

We need to keep some traditions alive..............
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Bob259 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm Nice Tim hopefully we can do something like this.
I agree, that is very neat.