CLA Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

CLA Nationals

Post by jimkidwell »

I was planning on doing the Prize drawings on Friday after the match on July 7th, but thinking about it, there might be some wanting to get an early start on the trip home after the match.

The new plan is to have an awards ceremony for the CLA rifle caliber two day event on Wednesday, July 5th at the Coors Bldg, after the match. Also, this year, there will be a Shooter Appreciation dinner prior to the awards ceremony ( NRA sponsored ) and prize drawings. We almost had a second Winchester rifle for the drawings, but I was too late in the year for my request. Sorry about that. Maybe next year.... The Henry Original Henry Rife, Anthony Imperato donated is a a beautiful prize anyone would cherish. Thanks, again. See you all soon.........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CLA Nationals

Post by BrentD »

Sounds mighty good to me!

Thanks, Jim.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

WOW...GREAT job Jim. This year's CLA nationals is shaping up to be the best one ever.
Just Be Nice **==
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Brent and Glen,
Sponsors are normally very generous donating their wares. Without shooters, vendors have no market. Ergo, we need to work together. With that said, any winner of a donated prize needs to, at least, send a thank you note to the vendor. If it's a gift certificate that is won and you have no need for the GC, I would recommend you make it known and are willing to trade it for another GC you might need.

Too many opportunities are wasted, not making at least an offer. Think about it.........FWIW...............
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Jeanne makes out Thank You cards addressed to The donor so all the receiver needs to do is mail it in. We also ask that any shooter that enjoys our Regional match please e-mail the club president. I have no idea how many do either, but we do get a lot of good comments from the shooters. I am really looking forward to this years nationals Jim. I appreciate all of your hard work.
Just Be Nice **==
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Apparently the bloke who will be in the tower this year talks "funny". He will say things that to you folks will sound like "Fi-ah" and "cease fi-ah".
I would suggest you all brush up on " 'strine " and watch a few fair dinkum Aussie movies for homework. :D
Taps
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Taps
We are really looking forward to it!!!
Just Be Nice **==
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Taps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:03 pm Apparently the bloke who will be in the tower this year talks "funny". He will say things that to you folks will sound like "Fi-ah" and "cease fi-ah".
I would suggest you all brush up on " 'strine " and watch a few fair dinkum Aussie movies for homework. :D
I've watched "Quigley Down Under" several time and had no problem with blokes that talk funny and it was an Aussie movie. :-?? =)) .......
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Except the main character was a Yank and his protagonist a Pom!
Talking real Aussie movies Jim, not Hollywierd fantasy films. ;)
Taps
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

You mean that Quigley was a fantasy? :ymtongue: X( Well, at least he did know how to shoot. \:D/
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

What is a Pom? We don't have that term here in the South.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

dhatch wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:13 am What is a Pom? We don't have that term here in the South.
Sure we do...it's one-half of a cheerleader's accoutrements....a pom pom. =))
(With apologies to all my Australian breathren on the firing line).
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Taps wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 am Except the main character was a Yank and his protagonist a Pom!
=)) =))
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Taps wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 am Except the main character was a Yank and his protagonist a Pom!
I'm not sure I want to know what a POM is........LOL
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

"Pom" is short for "Pommie" which is what we call someone from England. It is most often derogatory and followed by the word "bastard" or preceded with the word "stinking" or "bloody". :)
It came into use in the first decade of the 1900's after federation and the writing of our own constitution.
It is believed to be derived from the word "pomegranate", which was a colloquialism for "immigrant" and at that time most were from England. :-?
Taps