CLA Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Re: CLA Nationals

Post by Westy »

GiDay Taps but I hate to rain on your Aussie Slag fest here, but it comes from the convict days were besides having arrow heads on your prison uniform it had the letters POME ( Prisoner of Mother England) Hence the words Pommie or Pommie B@st@*d. Most English people who emigrate to Australia always refer to everything being better back home in England, they often start a sentence with Back home and it was better back in England!!!We all say here in Australia anytime you want to leave feel free , a standard joke here is Q:Why does England have the longest sewage pipes in the world?? A They send all their S#*t out here. And that's normally when the fight starts!!! :)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Like I said, We don't have that term here in the South.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

dhatch wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:36 pm Like I said, We don't have that term here in the South.
Funny thing dhatch I'm further south than you and I mean like thousands of miles further south!!!! :ymdevil: :)) :ymdevil:
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

LOL :)) I do reckon you're right. Kinda like many things in life, a matter of prospective.
But hey, really now, when you flush the commodes down there, does the water rotate the opposite direction than way off up here?
Y'all do have commodes there, don't cha? LOL. =))
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Sorry to rain back Westy, but the "Prisoner of Mother England" theory has been debunked. Do some research mate. :D
Taps
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I've been lucky enough to visit Australia twice. Once on the USS America and a year later on the USS Coral Sea, both times at Sydney - in the 1960s (yes, I know - shut up.)

I heard Pomy was the term for English with their red cheeks - reminded one of a pomegranate.
We were there for a week and didn't want to leave either time.

On the 2nd visit one of my squadron buddies got an unexpected visitor...his son from the first visit! I know he was making arrangements for her, and son, to join him in Florida - but I was discharged before it was final.

Other than catsup on hot dogs I even liked the food there. "Easy Rider" was playing at the movies, but we could never get in...too many sailors. So we went across the street (some where in Kings Cross area) and saw a new play that was being tested...Hair. We were there with about 15 others. The next night Hair was sold out and it was easy to get into see Easy Rider. (For those of you who don't know - Hair was an all Nude musical...sit up close if you can.)

Wish I were going to Raton with Australians this year.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Should be a really fine match! :-bd While I cant make it myself I am really looking forward to seeing the results....
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

Taps wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 pm Sorry to rain back Westy, but the "Prisoner of Mother England" theory has been debunked. Do some research mate. :D
Hey Taps you might need to be careful old son anyone that lives in a place called Bogangate might have some explaining to do!!!LAO!! :)) :)) :))
I think you might find I'm right as I normally am!!! Beside I'm from Irish stock and we hate them their Pommies!!!Just ask my mother in law!!! =)) =)) =))

And as for easyrider and hair their almost the same thing right **== :o) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Yeah Westy, Why is that? The gate is there to keep 'em out!
Yet again you are off track, the place is named due to it's location at the southern end of the catchment for the Bogan River. There used to be a gate in the boundary fence of the sheep station that covered this whole area leading to the "Bogan" country. The river was discovered and named by Charles Sturt in 1829. The "bogan" connotation that has you wetting your pants derives from the 1980's , was popularized by the "Kyle Mole" character on the Comedy Company television series and basically has the same meaning as "Westy", which is what we called "bogans" prior to that.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the origin of "pom", but when we had convicts, everyone was a pom.
Taps
Westy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Westy »

Taps wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am Yeah Westy, Why is that? The gate is there to keep 'em out!
Yet again you are off track, the place is named due to it's location at the southern end of the catchment for the Bogan River. There used to be a gate in the boundary fence of the sheep station that covered this whole area leading to the "Bogan" country. The river was discovered and named by Charles Sturt in 1829. The "bogan" connotation that has you wetting your pants derives from the 1980's , was popularized by the "Kyle Mole" character on the Comedy Company television series and basically has the same meaning as "Westy", which is what we called "bogans" prior to that.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the origin of "pom", but when we had convicts, everyone was a pom.
Get a grip I'm only pulling your leg Mate!!!
:ymbringiton: :-@ [-x