Lever action Nationals

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Lever action Nationals

Post by glen ring »

WOW !!
Jim Kidwell put on such a great match ..it was awesome. This was THE best lever action national I have ever competed in.
The only match that I can compare it to is the early 90's Bianchi Cups.

The Last command Kidwell gave from the tower before the match started was " Have fun or I'll DQ you !" No one from Oklahoma received a DQ.

Great door prizes. GREAT dinner. Smooth match with NO drama queens or kings.

Jeanne and I did some rough math and we have no idea how Kidwell put on such a great match and stayed within budget.

And what was the greatest moments in the match for me??? Jeanne kicking my butt with all three guns.
I'm already planning to attend next year's match and yes..it will be in Raton !!!
Just Be Nice **==
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Lever action Nationals

Post by sdwooster »

Yes the match was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it was because the NRA wasn't there? Some problems came up and they where handled, thanks to the people that ran and helped at the match. It takes more than 1 person to run a big match. I think we have enough people that shoot these matches or run matches, if we use some of these talents it will even get better. Hats off to Jim and crew, even tower guy.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I agree. The Tower guy , Daniel , is from Down under and is TAPS on steel chickens. His wife Sharon was in the stat room working hard and their son was a pure joy to be around. A GREAT family and I hope they all three will be back next year.

I have found that Australians and red necks are a LOT alike. We both like beer, have a warped sense of humor and neither one can speak proper " English" !
Just Be Nice **==
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Hats off to Jim for running such a big event. That's a lot of moving parts and him and his crew, along with the shooters, really pulled together to make everything work.

Great meeting "Aussie" Dan and his family. Couldn't meet nicer people if you tried. While I had no idea what half of his range commands were they sounded absolutely spectacular in traditional "Aussie" accent! :wink:

A big thank you to the Massie's for another wonderful dinner. And Roy was my savior at every turn! Man knows when to show up with a can of brew. :D

Nice meeting Glen & his birthday bride! B-) And TLee and GaryM!

Thanks Joe, Marco and Mary for a meal that you just can't begin to describe - my Lord it's like a slice of heaven. ^:)^

And to Byron and Steve for putting up with me all week. Never easy.

And John Mullins for the pep-talk that had me shooting my best SB score (and while on the road!)
ImageImage