Finally, THE best front sight for me.

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Finally, THE best front sight for me.

Post by glen ring »

I am 61 and my eyes aren't what they use to be. I have tried the globe front sight with fiber optics, circle inserts..I've tried them all and they didn't seem to work.
The smart Arizona shooters have went back to basics and today I made one of the front sights they are using for 10 bucks. They are wonderful.

I have 10 thumbs attached to my hands and am inept with most tools ..but I made one In 10 minutes. No tiny drill bits that break too often, no reflective tape that sticks to everything. They have fiber optic strands ( you choose the size YOU like from .10 to .40 AND the color) and cost a few cents to repair with a drop of superglue. The fiber optic strands can be purchased at any good bow shop and several FEET of the stuff can be bought for a few bucks.

Back to basics works. Several of the Arizona shooters went to these sights and shot very, very well and were happy to show them to us so we can make our own.
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Finally, THE best front sight for me.

Post by cslcAl »

Well post a picture so we can see your craftsmanship.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Yeah, I tried the aperture front sight insert on Byron's rifles and they were no bueno about half the time for me - I think it had a lot to do with the where the sun was in relation to the targets and berm.

I could be looking right at them, see them plain as day, but the circle wouldn't turn black, but instead bleach out - it was odd...
ImageImage
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Al
I don't know how to post a picture.
If you can talk some of the Arizona folks into e-mailing you a picture of the sights you'll get the idea. back to basics works good for my tired old eyes.Fiber stran .29 is perfect for me..19 just a tad small.
Just Be Nice **==