Henry trigger pull weight

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

Henry trigger pull weight

Post by dan2116 »

How light can a trigger pull weight be obtained on a Henry 22lr and still have consistency and safety?
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Henry trigger pull weight

Post by cedestech »

+/- 2pounds. Maybe a bit less but I would hesitate to use it for anything other than target shooting and or let a kid/inexperienced shooter use it.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dan2116
B Poster
B Poster

Post by dan2116 »

Is it a matter of spring change and polishing or does it require gunsmith experience ?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Spring change to get the lightest you can find that will get the trigger to ride the hammer reliably then depending on tolerance stack you may get away with polish or you may have to cut back the sear on the hammer to take creep out.

If you are not confident in your abilities pay a smith to do it.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

dan2116 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:51 pm How light can a trigger pull weight be obtained on a Henry 22lr and still have consistency and safety?
My wife's Frontier breaks just under 1lb and is not prone to A.D. at all. I've had one down to 11oz but didn't trust it, even though it never AD'd.

One thing I've noticed is it isn't unusual for them to have just a bit of creep when they're below 2lbs or so.

- Tim
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I have one and the factory trigger weight is fine as is. I did polish the trigger face to remove the groves and it feels better. Been shooting it since 2002 with no other modifications other than a tang sight. Love it as is.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

My 24" Frontier came in around 2lbs from the factory. Plenty light enough for this game and since my Rossi and Marlin are both at the same weight, I decided to leave it there.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image