New barrel for Remington 12-c

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
plzbry
Unclassified Poster

New barrel for Remington 12-c

Post by plzbry »

I found a Remington 12-c barrell is beyond bad. Seen numerich arms has a new reproduction barrell says made by remington. Would this be legal for leveraction sihlouette.thanks
No1_49er
A Poster
A Poster

Re: New barrel for Remington 12-c

Post by No1_49er »

As per your Silhouette rules, refer to 3.1.3 (b) which reads, in part :-
Barrels must be original or may be relined. Original barrels re-bored to a larger caliber are allowed.
That seems to be fairly clear.

49er
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Honestly, if you like the rifle and want to spend money on a new barrel go for it. I can 100% guarantee you no one will come up to you at a club match and protest that it isn't a "factory" barrel... I can 99.5% assure you it wouldn't happen at a state or national match unless you shot a bunch of 40's with it.... ;)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

I'm kind of partial to the 12C. My grandfather's gun was the first 22 that I ever shot.

I've read that it's almost impossible to succesfully re-line the model 12, so a new barrel may be your only option if it's worn out.
emmettva
B Poster
B Poster

Post by emmettva »

dont want to sound like a lawyer but another ORIGINAL Remington barrel seems to be ok under the rule
the rule does not say must be "original to the rifle" just an original barrel.
plzbry
Unclassified Poster

Post by plzbry »

Thanks for all the help.found out more info on new barrel says made by remington.it is actually made by some outside vendor unknown so I have one to hang on the wall.thanks again