2018 PA Cowboy Classic - Regional Program

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2018 PA Cowboy Classic - Regional Program

Post by 44 mag »

Hello Shooting Friends,

I'll be directing a big Cowboy Lever Action Regional Championship held at the Ridgway Rifle Club in Ridgway, PA Sept 1, 2 & 3 with practice August 31st. The shoot has been named "The Pennsylvania Cowboy Classic". .

I'm super excited to direct this awesome event at this range. The club has put in a brand new club house as well as a big new covered firing line & have doubled the size of the range!! It's now the biggest CLA range in the East!

Please Note: juniors shoot for only $20.00 ~ 1 or all 3 days so get them out and shooting with you.

I have a Facebook page that I'll post door prizes as they come. I just may have a BIG surprise in store, working it!!

Please, I encourage everyone to pre-register & send your check with your entries if you can.
** If I don't have your entry, I cannot provide you with your free T-Shirt. All shirts will be ordered 3 weeks ahead and ready for your arrival.

You know me, when I put on a shoot I put 100% of my heart into it, I have a great team backing & helping me all the way so don't miss this one!

I can't wait to see everyone,

Tammy Haynes
Match Director
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 PA Cowboy Classic - Regional Program

Post by 44 mag »

Entries and door prizes are showing up every week. Several different states represented already. This is going to be a good one and you dont want to miss out on it. Mike
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

This past weekend was a monthly 3 gun Leveraction match at Ridgway.
There were over 50 shooters in attendance.What a turnout.Folks from as far as N Carolina.Most came to see the new range and get sight setting for the PA Lever Action Classic,Labor Day weekend.
There are still openings for this match,over 60 so far so don’t miss this one.

It was very hot but plenty of shade under new pavilion.
Target setters did good considering the heat and shooters did not leave many standing.
Tom Cheisa and crew did a great job.Thank You so much.
Lunch was available and very good.I love that “Haluski salad”.
Maybe some others can provide the results and pics of the range.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

I will have entrys at the Lever Action Nationals. If anyone would like one hit me up and i will be sure to get you one.
Mike Haynes
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

85 entries so far. There is still time and room if you want to shoot.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Tammy,
I forgot to ask Mike when I talked to him this week. Why is the format a little different than the usual Lever gun matches?
Most of them are PC- SB - CLA yours is CLA - PC - SB. Just curious not complaining.
PPKNY
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

The Regionals have always been CLA PC and SB. SB goes the quickest so people traveling can get on the road and CLA is usually the longest day so it makes sense to have that the first day. It is the same format as the Nationals also.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Okay, thanks I was just relating to the last Regional at Bradford.
PPKNY
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

The format is the same as Bradford always was. Mike
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Tammy, You are right. I think I'm losing it. Hope I can still remember what animals to shoot.
PPKNY
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

The Atglen monthly matches start with SB and end with CLA. The heaviest, loudest rifle with the most recoil at the end of a hot tiring day.
It makes more sense to end with the lightest, least fatiguing rifle. Very glad it is set up this way.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Okay guys, It was a Senior moment.LOL
PPKNY
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Excitement is building with 103 entries for the PA Lever Action Classic - Regional Championship @ the Ridgway Rifle Club.
We still have room for more, contact miketammy2@yahoo.com
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Finally have a few minutes to post some thoughts about the match.

First: Thank You ! Tammy, it was a great event, and this is coming from someone that shot poorly. Organized, well planned and just serious enough.... Dave, the range officer. Your instructions were clear in language and direction. Your support for the target setters cause and their water polo team.(those poor horses) =)) The target setters. It was HOT and they hustled. The friends I already knew and just met. A big bunch of gray haired children having fun. The hard working volunteers behind the scenes , welding , repairing, preparing.... Ridgway Rifle Club, a great big slice of heaven on earth. Anyone I missed, if you had part in making this match the event it was - Thank You.

Second: Pictures? I stood for a group photo and I saw a couple folks with real cameras taking snap shots. Any images of the event would be appreciated by all on this forum.

David
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
rwstarget
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rwstarget »

Davidmagnum thank you for the kind words. I had a talk with the target setters after the match. I passed on several competitors suggestion to check into sea horses for the water polo team. As the match director at the Palmerton Rod & Gun
Club for 15 years and chief line officer at the Ridgway Rifle Club for National Championships numerous times, I had a reputation for being demanding and critical of the target setters...that being said this group was one of the best I ever had the pleasure of directing. While setting up the range at the beginning of the match they stopped and stood for the National Anthem. A fine group of young Americans. Thanks to all the competitors in attendance.