Bayou Rifles 120 shot smallbore lever action/hunter pistol match October 28th

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cedestech
Master Poster
Master Poster

Bayou Rifles 120 shot smallbore lever action/hunter pistol match October 28th

Post by cedestech » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm

We are holding a NRA Registered 120 shot smallbore lever action/hunter pistol match at Bayou Rifles in Houston on the 28th of October this year. All questions should be answered in the program. If you have any that are not addressed PLEASE contact me at cedestech@yahoo.com . It is limited to 48 shooters and there is already 30+ on the pre-registration list so if you have any real urge to come out and shoot let me know before mailing in an entry.
Attachments
First Annual Bayou Rifles.doc
Program
(26 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

cedestech
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Bayou Rifles 120 shot smallbore lever action/hunter pistol match October 28th

Post by cedestech » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Entry form didn't attach.
Attachments
First Annual Bayou Rifles Entry.doc
(14.5 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bayou Rifles 120 shot smallbore lever action/hunter pistol match October 28th

Post by psteiger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:52 pm

I'll drop my entry off tomorrow at the shop!!!!!!! :ympray:

cedestech
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cedestech » Sat May 19, 2018 5:42 pm

There are already 45 people signed up "tentatively" for the match.... 48 shooter limit. I do expect a few to drop off closer to the match but if you have any interest in shooting this match please email me.

cedestech
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cedestech » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:33 pm

I know the match is a couple months away but it is almost to capacity (Right now the list is at 47, we are strictly limited to 48 shooters). It is possible a couple people that are on the pre-entry list may not enter but I am pretty sure come the 28th there will be 48 shooters. If you want on the list PLEASE email me at cedestech@yahoo.com and let me know.

:mrgreen:

cedestech
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cedestech » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:49 am

The match is right at a month from now. Everything is in place and there are a few more spots left open. If you have someone you know would enjoy it have them get a hold of me.

There still seems to be some confusion so....

There will be open practice Saterday from 2PM till dark or everyone is done.

The match is on Sunday, show up as early as possible, I will be there by at least 6:30, we need to get it rolling as early as possible which mean Sunday practice will be very short. To be fair it is a standard range with swingers set up at all 4 animals, level shooting so no major inclines to shoot up or down. Your sight settings should be pretty much on.

The match is a registered for both SBHP and SBCLA. The only reason for the SBHP is I have a couple Hunter Pistol guys who want to shoot it. 99% of you will be shooting a 120 shot small bore lever action match.

Per NRA competition rules it has to be broken down into 2 - 60 shot segments, not separate matches, or 3 - 40 shot segments, not separate matches. The range is set up for 40 shot matches but it's the same number of resets either way 2 - 60 shot segments will mean less equipment/people moving and we get a natural break for lunch.

Lunch should be Jasons Deli box lunches, there will be 3-4 different sandwich types, we will have water.

There will be reseters. It is a local 4H shooting group and their parents. They understand that we need quick resets. Part of the match fee is paying for them but there will be a tip jar for them as well. While it really doesn't mater was form of shooting sport they are into, the important part is they grow up with an appreciation and understanding of firearms so they appreciate the 2nd Amendment and carry that appreciation on into adult hood... when they are voting and we are old...

There will be door prizes and give aways, Grand Pooba Steiger is in charge of that and I believe there is plenty to go around.

Would like to reiterate as in the program, there is no running water, portolets only, we "should" have a large tent for shelter but plan on bringing chairs and an easy up. The firing line will be crowded. There is no room on the firing line for rifle carts. There is plenty of rack space for rifles close to the firing positions. BRI rules, NO HANDLING OF FIREARMS WHEN THE LINE IS COLD. Any rifle on the concrete has to have a ECI installed and be in a rifle rack. These are BRI rules and there have to be enforced.