Which Henry .22

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Which Henry .22

Post by snaketail2 »

I bought a 24" Henry from Cabelas, but on the day it was suppose to be in the store they told me it was no longer available. So, I'm hunting for one again.
There are two models of the 24" rifle, one with suppressor threads, the other without threads.
The suppressor model has a shorter magazine tube - thus less barrel weight (I suppose I could add a barrel weight on the suppressor threads if light weight ever becomes a problem).

The threaded models are certainly more available, and the prices are generally lower then the non-threaded model, less popular I suppose.

So, any downside? I will assume the threaded model shoots as well as a non threaded model. And there is bit less weight. I'm sure I'm missing something...so why not get a threaded model?

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Which Henry .22

Post by Doodaddy »

snaketail2 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:15 am I bought a 24" Henry from Cabelas, but on the day it was suppose to be in the store they told me it was no longer available. So, I'm hunting for one again.
There are two models of the 24" rifle, one with suppressor threads, the other without threads.
The suppressor model has a shorter magazine tube - thus less barrel weight (I suppose I could add a barrel weight on the suppressor threads if light weight ever becomes a problem).

The threaded models are certainly more available, and the prices are generally lower then the non-threaded model, less popular I suppose.

So, any downside? I will assume the threaded model shoots as well as a non threaded model. And there is bit less weight. I'm sure I'm missing something...so why not get a threaded model?

Michael
If you can do with the shorter magazine tube I would say it's worth a shot. With Henry's warranty, you can always send it back if it doesn't shoot well enough; I did with the non threaded model. Henry 100% took care of everything.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

The short mag tube holds 10. And we only load 5 at a time. So, the short tube would work fine for me.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

snaketail2 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am The short mag tube holds 10. And we only load 5 at a time. So, the short tube would work fine for me.
Oh functionally for sure. I just get bothered about the aesthetics of a tube that doesn't extend the full length of the barrel. My Henry is the only one of the three that doesn't. It's dumb, I know. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image